Hey! Remember when...

Nope. Wasn't in my lifetime.

Remember when nickels weren't also a drain on the economy?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Remember when you could buy something with coins without pissing everyone in a 3 block radius off?

I'm in a good mood... on the internet... better enjoy it while it lasts.

Remember when we weren't being actively spied on by the government?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

No. Remember when we were being actively spied on by the government and didn't know it?

No, because I knew it had been going on from the start... (friends in low places)

Remember when people didn't actively try to start shit for no reason other than to start shit?

Nope. Human nature.

Remember when we didn't have psychologists doing their best to convince us drugs are the answer to all our problems, including drug problems, and instead simply tried to link every single issue to sex in some way instead, regardless of how little sense it made to do so?

I actually do, but it was the last of a dying breed that I met at a very young age.

Remember when a "job" only took a few minutes, and was called a "chore"?

Of course.

Hey, remember when it was predicted that the MASSIVE increase in productivity brought by technology would lead to an increase in employee wages to match the increased wealth of the corporations, rather than the corporations hogging all the wealth to themselves and refusing to increase the wages of their employees to match, or even adjusting for inflation?

I do...

Remember when the government said that they would adjust the minimum wage so that someone could live off of it without having to work a second job?

Oh, look! You're deviating from the dogma of Fox News! That's a first. And why yes, I do. Granted, I wasn't alive then, but I have a solid grasp of history.

Remember when I first came here and didn't know who or what you were?

Yeah, back when you were not intentionally misinterpreting and taking things out of context, and resorting to straw man arguments. (also, I don't see what any of that had to do with Fox News, at all, not even remotely)

Remember when games were designed mostly to be fun instead of boring?

(I'll explain it. Fox News, which you have previously defended, claims that not paying workers jack shit is good for the economy, because allowing the tiny number of wealthy elitist oligarchs to hoard all their money will lead to it creating jobs as they buy things to serve their needs, despite they spending much less of the money they receive than would be spent if it was spread across a larger pool or people. It's called trickle-down economics, it's a retarded idea, and it's the primary economic talking-point of a news source you have defended and on every other issue has sided with. I was surprised to see you saying something that was not in line with their retarded way of thinking, because it hasn't happened before, and it's something quite major too.)

(Also, I'm not the one taking things out of context, or using straw-man arguments. YOU are.)

Oh, yes, I do. Except now they're still designed to be fun, just for a very dumb group of people with no intelligence or self-awareness that needs the game set in a hallway with dangling christmas lights overhead to direct them in case they get distracted by an overly decorative floor tile. Oh, and for propaganda, of course. It's pretty easy to see through crap like Warfighter and America's Army.

Hey, remember when propaganda in video games was a rarity?

@ the Fox News reply: You obviously didn't understand what the implication was in my post... The government increased the minimum limit to what they said a single person could have and leave the poverty mark with, without having a second job... Problem was, that rate would've worked 15 years prior, but in modern times it doesn't even come close to pulling people past the poverty mark. The government tried to force companies to pay their employees more, but only 0.1% of companies were paying below that to begin with, so there really was no change. The post had absolutely nothing to do with trickle economics (which only works if the rich are willing to pay for more stuff, and not just trying to hoard money like most right now do) but everything to do with the government's total incompetence when it comes to doing anything to improve people's lives.

OT: Yes I do remember that... I even remember when propaganda in games didn't exist at all.

Remember when there were more than the same 10 people posting on the forums?

Hey remember when Youtubers/reviewers didn't live off of the money they got from Ad Revenue, and didn't beg viewers/fans to disable ad blocker?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Remember when people did stuff with computers to get recognized instead of to get money?

@ the Fox News reply: You obviously didn't understand what the implication was in my post... The government increased the minimum limit to what they said a single person could have and leave the poverty mark with, without having a second job... Problem was, that rate would've worked 15 years prior, but in modern times it doesn't even come close to pulling people past the poverty mark. The government tried to force companies to pay their employees more, but only 0.1% of companies were paying below that to begin with, so there really was no change. The post had absolutely nothing to do with trickle economics (which only works if the rich are willing to pay for more stuff, and not just trying to hoard money like most right now do) but everything to do with the government's total incompetence when it comes to doing anything to improve people's lives.

That actually sounded reasonable... But YOU said it. So either I'm going crazy or you're going... Un-Crazy. Except for one thing. You have still defended a news source that vehemently supports, as one of their primary talking points, something even you think is insane. So now I have to ask you: Why?

Anyway, OT: Why yes, I do remember that. That's why I'm still subscribed to some old-school youtubers like Nigahiga, who started for the comedy alone and haven't changed even though they're getting paid more.

Remember when the forum didn't see a huge post rate drop just because one member was gone for a few days?

Remember when I didn't have a job? It was a lot easier to do nothing all day then.