What are you listening to?

Just now, RaTcHeT302 said:

oh you guys have vinyls - man, i don't think i'm that hardcore, i mean if it ever broke, i think i would be too sad about not having most of my music as mp3s - i haven't used cds or dvds in ages, hell i didn't even bother installing the bluray disk player i have since it's... pretty useless, i have a 25 GB disc and it's just sitting there gathering dust since it's such a hassle to setup anyway xD

what's the name of the album though? i have no idea what i'm looking at to be honest

Ladytron - Witching Hour

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

5 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

oh you guys have vinyls - man, i don't think i'm that hardcore, i mean if it ever broke, i think i would be too sad about not having most of my music as mp3s - i haven't used cds or dvds in ages, hell i didn't even bother installing the bluray disk player i have since it's... pretty useless, i have a 25 GB disc and it's just sitting there gathering dust since it's such a hassle to setup anyway xD

Vinyl is worth getting in to if you like music and collecting things, plus value on certain records can appreciate if you buy limited pressings.

I got this a couple of years ago for ~$20, it's worth $100+ now.

image.png.6eb2a32488840ea16b5494596dd43ae9.png

the name's riley

23 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

vinyls seems like a step back to me, it just feels like a gimmick overall

If you have the equipment for it, it is actually capable of higher audio quality reproduction than any other medium. The cost of the equipment isn't that much either, only about $200 if you don't mind pre-owned. The vinyls start getting expensive though, especially if they're not a popular pressing.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

1 minute ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

ah my ears are kinda dumb anyway, i don't think i would notice, even if it did sound better anyway

if i had 200$ i would probably use it to fix the car instead though xD, i don't have that kind of disposable income so it's pretty prohibitive overall

I hear ya. I am fortunate in that I can perceive the higher quality sound, but am not restricted to enjoying music that way exclusively like some audiophiles are.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:43 PM, RaTcHeT302 said:

i'm too broke for vinyls (and i'm too much of a cheapstake xD), plus it seems like such a hassle, all the extra storage space you need just for the music, plus the player itself, plus i just want to listen to music, i'm not a collector kinda guy, and usually i never stell my own stuff, i don't care about making money off random objects xD

plus i get too attached to all the things i own, i don't think i could ever bring myself to sell anything, but anyway, personally i would be too worried about the vinyl player breaking, so i would probably never really get any enjoyment out of it, i'd probably just leave it there to sit and gather dust, i'll stick to using computers to listen to my music

to me owning a vinyl would mean, that i'm listening to music, but with more steps

to me it just sorta feels like a novelty for rich people, i just don't have that kinda cash to afford this stuff, plus i'm lazy, having to hunt down the albums by hand just sounds, really tedious, i really enjoy the convenience of just, being able to go on YouTube, copy pasting a playlist and just, downloading it all, so that i can listen to it at any time, whenever i feel like it, anywhere xD

vinyls seems like a step back to me, it just feels like a gimmick overall - i guess it's a neat thing if you have the money for it, but to me it feels too novel and it's not as practical as i would like them to be i think

i'll check out that album you posted tho

I collect CDs, which I see as a sort of compromise between efficiency and the desire for tangible material possessions. I still enjoy having my music around as physical objects, but CDs are overall the cheaper, more durable and more space-friendly option, and it's a lot easier to extract data from them if I want to. I'm sure I'll eventually cave in and buy some vinyl once I'm no longer able to control my urge to acquire obscure avant-garde jazz releases from the 70s and 80s that have never been re-released on CD, but for the moment there's still a wealth of weird music on CD to sate my hunger.