Re: Half life games hard mode.

Sign in to follow this  

So, what half life games have you completed on hard (without cheats) and what was your time?

If you have not completed one of the half life games on hard are you in the middle of playing it on hard?

Do you plan to play one of the half life games on hard?

I completed Hl2 and its episodes on hard, but i cant really give you a time because i was doing an achievement run at the same time, and that corrupts my time.

Hl1 on hard is okayish until you get to Xen, those goddamn Alien Controllers are such a pain in the ass. :?

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I'm in the middle of trying to play through HL1 on hard. So much quicksave abuse. Currently in the beginning of "Forget About Freeman."

I actually didn't find hard mode on HL2 or the episodes to be that much harder than normal mode.

So, what half life games have you completed on hard (without cheats) and what was your time?

If you have not completed one of the half life games on hard are you in the middle of playing it on hard?

At one time or another I've played them all on hard. No idea what my time was though, I don't normally time myself when playing games. :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

half life 1 is easily more difficult on hard than half life 2. And on that note, I can't bring myself to play HL2 on anything BUT hard. everything else is way too easy.

That is to say, I've beaten HL2 and it's episodes on hard numerous times.

Retired Forum Moderator

At one time or another I've played them all on hard. No idea what my time was though, I don't normally time myself when playing games. :P

Just use the Guess-o-meter

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I just finished HL2 on hard mode. It is not that difficult except for the section where you have to defend Alyx while she powers down the generator.

I just finished HL2 on hard mode. It is not that difficult except for the section where you have to defend Alyx while she powers down the generator.

I found the second turret defense particularly hard, although the generator power up was not that hard for me.

I just finished HL1 on hard mode. In the final parts of Xen, I actually was unable to avoid breaking some of the "packages" that the alien grunts come out of if they get destroyed. Normally, I can leave almost all of the be, but I had to break a few more than normal in order to kill certain Vortigaunts without taking damage from them. I was actually able to maintain 100 units of health and armor for a while, until I got to the final room of Interloper, just before the Nihilanth fight. Best part, no cheats used! Yay! I finished with 60 health and no armor.

I found the second turret defense particularly hard, although the generator power up was not that hard for me.

Yeah that would've been difficult but I took the turrets from the original defense section so it was pretty simple as each entrance was covered by a turret.

I did play all HL games on hard but to me it reduces immersion quite a bit. How many bullets can a real Combine take in the head before he is knocked out, c'mon please...

In addition, in the Opposing Force I found that the alien weapons would not aim properly on hard (they will just shoot in one particular compass direction regardless of how you twist and turn).

Regards

Half-Life 1 on Hard is absolutely brutal, especially Xen. A marine can take a double-barrel shotgun blast to the face without dying, and Vortigaunts take two revolver shots before dying. If you couldn't hold down the fire mouse button with the crowbar and stun enemies, then I actually don't think hard Half-Life 1 would be possible.

Half-Life 2 should only be played on Hard, I think. Normal is too easy.

You can actually take out the Vorts with one revolver shot if you hit them square in the eye. I got progressively better at it as my play-through went on. If you get good enough, you can take out quite a few of them on Interloper this way. It helped a lot.