After Effects HUD video

Sign in to follow this  

HA HA. YES, DO MY BIDDING.

Impressive, but sadly I am one of those guys who must always offer constructive criticism. I wouldn't have gone with that shade of green myself. Also having keys flash when you press them will make it look more like you actually put your finger somewhere near it.

And it needs sound effects. Sound effects improve the video quality more than you would think.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Those points were all actually brought up in class. The only reason I didn't take this to those levels at the time was because when trying to work over top a video, it seemed to want to render each frame I was on, greatly slowing down the program. After I finally got what you see I was so fed up with the windows 95 style tracking of the timebar, I figured I'd submit what I had now and go for a take 2 the following week.

Funny, mine was still one of the best submitted according to the instructor.

Retired Forum Moderator

I never said your work was below average, I just pointed out its flaws. Thats why I prefaced it with an apology. Just remember what Fluttershy said when Discord was trying to corrupt her, something about friends wanting her to be the best she can be.

And lucky you, you've got a class on the subject. Everything I learned in Flash, Vegas, and After Effects was self-taught (in that I never took classes; I read books and watched tutorials). I am just now taking a class that focuses on Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash, the first two of which are a complete mystery to me (illustrator works NOTHING like Flash despite being Vector programs by the same company) and the third of which my professor asks me how I'm doing that. I don't like that class very much.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

*Rarity esperately attempts to close cat video* - I found this quite amusing. :3

Anyway, more seriously, the next step should be to make that interface look holographic! ;)

ie kind of like Minority Report!

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I never said your work was below average, I just pointed out its flaws. Thats why I prefaced it with an apology. Just remember what Fluttershy said when Discord was trying to corrupt her, something about friends wanting her to be the best she can be.

Yeah I know. :P I was just pointing out that this has been brought to my attention, and I may or may not try to fix in the coming week.(have another project that comes first so we'll see if time allows)

Yeah the interface needs some work. it feels far to solid and inanimate at times.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well your randomly-slapping-fingers-across-the-keyboard looked about as good as it does in hollywood movies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do believe the efficiency of on-the-road car repairs would be greatly increased if these companies made greater use of flying saucers.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."