A question concerning Ross's attitude towards Freeman's Mind

Sign in to follow this  

I've been wondering, does Ross still actually enjoy making the episodes or have they, because of all the pressure from fans, become a tedious chore? You said Freeman's Mind initially was simply an experiment, but one that was far more successful than anticipated. Now, however, you seem to be concentarted on a bigger movie project and I can't help but think you aren't nearly as enthusiastic(if at all)about producing the next FM episode as you were, say 2 years ago.

I've been wondering, does Ross still actually enjoy making the episodes or have they, because of all the pressure from fans, become a tedious chore? You said Freeman's Mind initially was simply an experiment, but one that was far more successful than anticipated. Now, however, you seem to be concentarted on a bigger movie project and I can't help but think you aren't nearly as enthusiastic(if at all)about producing the next FM episode as you were, say 2 years ago.

I hope not. If he does however, he should end it. Id rather watch something that I know that the maker enjoyed working on.

"Life sucks sober!"

I don't think he ever was. He's said repeatedly Freeman's Mind is really only going due to fan popularity, not because he enjoys making them. I'm sure he takes a certain level of pride in it seeing as how he pumps out some quality stuff, but he'd much rather do something more original I'm assuming. Actually, I believe FM was supposed to end in Episode 3, anyway, so originally he wasn't going to continue, regardless.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm glad he's still doing it and keeps on with the show, but I don't expect him to prioritize it over the projects he enjoys more, nor do I want episodes that are forced. Just new episodes every now and then and taking a break when he's really tired of FM, like he's been doing.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

He's not super enthusiastic about making another FM episode, but they come out pretty easy. He keeps on having the right mood for recording so it means he still enjoys it at least enough. Surely not like new ideas that he hasn't exploited yet /or rather, explored a lot ) ;)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I think Ross will at least finish HL. I don't think he'd want to a quit a project in the middle, especially one that's gotten so big and is so popular, without at least bringing some kind of closure to the series in some way. HL2...expecting nothing but hoping for the best! It would be awesome because nobody does it like Ross.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

If FM keeps on having enough fans and especially fans expecting to see FM in HL2, he will continue the series ;)

I wanna see it myself!!!! Geezzzzzz! :D:D:D

The pressure's on!! wooooo

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

The pressure's on!! wooooo

wooohooo!

Oh, c'mon. Let him relax! :roll:

He deserves a break, but I do enjoy FM. CP to me seems more artful and full of "planned Comedy". I like it quite a bit. Its true Machinima(sp), not just a game recording with a very clever guy narrating.

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

The fact that he went through months of tedious animating on Civil Protection shows he's willing to do things he doesn't particularily enjoy for a more satisfying end product.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

He must like it on some level or I doubt that he'd still be doing it, even with the demands of rabid fans.

That's what I think. I think to a degree it is a chore but secretly deep down, based on what has been put into the series, I believe he enjoys it to some degree and doesn't want to let his fans down. I can see it in all of the FM's and CP's so far. He's an artist and deserves the praise he gets because both his series' are really great. Unique and brilliant if you asked me.

I can't wait to see what the medeival series will be. I'm a fan of the Elder Scrolls games so if he is using the Skyrim engine, it would be really interesting for me to see. Is that still in the pipeline?

I can't know for sure, but I have a hunch that the Medieval series is either being put off for the movie project, or it is the movie project.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.