Incredible connection drops

Sign in to follow this  

My internet at my dads house is acting up. Lag spikes every 10 seconds (I cant even talk on skype) and this usually happens in the evening.

I was at my moms house all weekend and everything was working fine. My dad is not having any problems with his computer (its on wireless), but I doubt that the cables are the problem (?).

Anyone here know what could be causing this ?

"Life sucks sober!"

Sounds like a bandwidth problem. A lot of people on during the evening, maybe.

Could it have anything to do with the cables ? Because the wireless appears to work fine.

"Life sucks sober!"

If it's not just your local area connection and it is a straight out ISP problem, then you should think about changing your ISP.

How do I do that ? (Im not a technical guy when it comes to these things)

Edit: Playing LoL right now, my ping is at 999.

"Life sucks sober!"

ISP is your internet service provider, your internet company.

But yeah, sounds like it could be a bandwidth issue.

I would if I were living alone, but it looks like Im gonna have to talk to my dad about changing..

Ok thanks for the help everyone, but I doubt that we'll get more out of this. Lock 'er up!

Also, I can browse webpages without problems, but playing games and being on skype at the same time ? Nope.

I can even browse webpages when Im in a game thats lagging (right now).. Im gonna call them tomorrow

"Life sucks sober!"