"ASS SLAPPAGE"

Sign in to follow this  

I never got that joke.

Someone please explain the relevance of the phrase.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

bWqiagRDjmI

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Like in the showers?

- Gordon Freeman

I think it's like an expression about how he doesn't want to do it, he doesn't need to do it and that anyone in their right minds would never attempt it.

It's the fact that he probably knows no one has attempted the training course and already had their jobs assigned and this is the end result since all the scientists have "Accidents" in the workplace.

I don't know if this is true or not but it at least is a theory on why he said that.

"So... I'm the only one that has to go to Training" unless I heard this wrong...

I just... I don't even...

That's kind of how I see it. Like when James was complaining about being called "Kid" or "Sport" when he joined the Men in Black, because it made him sound like a child, Freeman was complaining that the training course was akin to getting slapped on the ass like a newborn child.

But, then of course, K responds, "Cool, whatever you say, Slick, but I need to tell you something about all your 'skills'. As of right now, they mean precisely....dick." And, as such, Freeman just isn't prepared for what happens after resonance cascade.

-s1s5K52zEQ

That would explain why he was panicking instead of maintaining the "I'm just gonna walk in like I own the damn place" after the resonance cascade. He changed his mind in the start of Episode 2 on the subject and told himself to act calm otherwise everyone would raise suspicion over the fact that he was nervous, or by other reasons.

I just... I don't even...

Freeman: "All right, I'm in. 'Cause there's some next level shit going on and I'm with that. But before y'all get to beaming me up there's a couple things I want you to understand. First off: You chose me... so you recognized the skills, so I don't want nobody calling me 'son' or 'kid' or 'sport' or nothing like that, cool?"

Black Mesa: "Cool, whatever you say, slick, but we need to tell you something about all your skills."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=191&v=DwGcKFMxrmI

"As of right now, they mean precisely... dick."

- Gordon Freeman