Are you glad that Nintendo is still doing so well?

Are you glad that Nintendo is still doing so well?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you glad that Nintendo is still doing so well?

• Yes. Long live the the big N
    • No. They've overstayed their welcome.

Nintendo just needs better software that appeals to our demographic, it seems like after the Gamecube Nintendo and other 3rd party companies, releasing for the Wii, just stopped making games for the 16-34 demographic. Nintendo seems to only be focusing on the middle-aged, elderly, and little kids.. which I find disappointing. Can't they please all audiences instead of ignoring this big demographic.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Nintendo just needs better software that appeals to our demographic, it seems like after the Gamecube Nintendo and other 3rd party companies, releasing for the Wii, just stopped making games for the 16-34 demographic. Nintendo seems to only be focusing on the middle-aged, elderly, and little kids.. which I find disappointing. Can't they please all audiences instead of ignoring this big demographic.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I have slowly become disenchanted with Zelda. I played some of Skyward Sword.. and it was ok. Not the best, it has a much more kiddy feel to it then Twilight Princess. Also, I've just grown tired of this whole "new travel method" that we've gotten with every other Zelda game. It was fine in Wind Waker cause it was new (even though the novelty of sailing got old), but now its just getting annoying. AND YES I know what I'm talking about I played Wind Waker, Phanton Hour Glass, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess and the Metroid games are the only Nintendo made titles that I feel were targeted at the 16 - 34 male demographic... while the other systems seem quite dedicated to pleasing the gamers.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I think, considering the serious success of Wii Sports which sold 80 million copies, double the next best selling console game, Super Mario Bros at 40 m (granted, many of the sales come from it being bundled with the wii, but it's still an extremely impressive number), Nintendo is going to continue in that direction of more family oriented party games and gameplay. So, while I'm totally ok with them not going out of business, I probably won't be buying the WiiU.

Meh.

I'm just glad they're still around in such a capacity.

But then, the question is "are they worth it?"

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

I think, considering the serious success of Wii Sports which sold 80 million copies, double the next best selling console game, Super Mario Bros at 40 m (granted, many of the sales come from it being bundled with the wii, but it's still an extremely impressive number)

About 90% of those sales were solely because they were bundled... Another 8% went unused after the novelty died. (3-6 weeks)

As far as I'm concerned, the Zelda franchise died when it went full 3d. (same with Mario games)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think, considering the serious success of Wii Sports which sold 80 million copies, double the next best selling console game, Super Mario Bros at 40 m (granted, many of the sales come from it being bundled with the wii, but it's still an extremely impressive number)

About 90% of those sales were solely because they were bundled... Another 8% went unused after the novelty died. (3-6 weeks)

As far as I'm concerned, the Zelda franchise died when it went full 3d. (same with Mario games)

Yeah, WiiSports Resort was bundled with the Black Wii (which I got for my birthday one year).

I have to agree on Mario. I'll always prefer the 2D ones. I guess I'm one of the few who just can't get into Mario 64 and Sunshine at all.

I liked New SMB though.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com