Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000watts with 80amps on 12V Rail

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2949

SETUP I am also including my overclocking information

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5e3 Deluxe X38 Wifi AP/n

---->FSB 333 to 445 OC

---->RAM 1333mhz to 1425mhz OC

---->PCIE CLOCK 100 - 120 OC

CPU: CORE 2 QUAD Q9550 (E0 Stepping)

---->Core Speed Inc 2.83Ghz to 3.8 Ghz (FSB increase stated above)

RAM: Crucial BallistX Tactical DDR3 10600 1333mhz CAS 7

---->TIMING CONTROL Auto

---->Speed increase 1333 to 1425

HARD DRIVES and Disk Drives

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gbps

Seagate MAXTOR Diamond MAX 10 200GB 7200rpm 16MB Cache PATA 133

Expansion Cards (video, sound, network cards, ETC.)

EVGA 015-P3-1480-KR GeForce GTX 480 in SLI

EVGA 015-P3-1480-KR GeForce GTX 480 in SLI

Wireless G PCI ADAPTER WMP54g w/ EXTERNAL CANTENNA SETUP HOOKED UP

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card

Wirelss N adapter (Built into motherboard)

EXTERNAL DEVICES

4 Flash Drives

Western Digital 500GB MY PASSPORT USB 3.0

Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys USB Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech M500 Mouse

Firstly, you'll probably want to use the PSU wattage calculator on Newegg to help you better determine how much your system needs to function. This will allow you to better account for your system. When I punched in what you've listed here, Newegg gave me a wattage of 959, however Newegg doesn't allow for adding expansion cards, so your mileage may vary. If you can, I'd see how much power your PCI cards and USB devices would add to the system, assuming they're all plugged in all at once, and add that to whatever you get from Newegg's calculator. 1000w might be enough, or it may be barely enough. Personally, I'd probably elect for a 1050w PSU myself for that setup.

It seems like enough. That's a power devouring machine. Usually good power supplies can handle about 10%-15% more than their maximum output. That chipset, processor and GPUs are not as efficient as the current ones. I'd opt for a 1200W PSU just to be safe, specially if you're overclocking and need optimal stability.

A friend of mine had a similar setup, but with 2 GTX 295 (dual GPU) a C2Q 9650, 8 GB of ram @ 1333 and 2 2TB drives, with a nForce 790 mobo. It ran just fine so yours shouldn't be a problem.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'd definitely look at the possibility of getting a 1200w, since I have seen several that are less expensive than that 1000w PSU you're looking at, just look for deals.

This would actually be on par with the one you posted, but cost you ~$40 less... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188 (and it has up to 100a on the 4-rail 12v [2 x 20a, 2 x 30a] whereas the Cooler Master one only puts out a single rail of 80a which increases the possibility of damage to your system)

Continuous Power and “Peak Power” are two very different standards, and unfortunately often misused. Continuous Power describes the real power a PSU can output continuously. This means that a PSU with 500 watts of Continuous Power can maintain stable, continuous output within the maximum load of 500 watts. A PSU with 500 watts of Peak Power, however, can only maintain such output for a few seconds.

Unfortunately, many brands on the market falsely advertise Peak Power as Continuous Power. Some will even mislead consumers by calling their power supply “MODEL-430W”, when the “430W” in fact refers to Peak Power, not Continuous Power. This is a dishonest and costly practice. The result? Misled users can experience overheating, short circuits and other damage with their new power supply.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.