Would you want to see Freeman's Mind continue into HL2?

Would you want to see Freeman's Mind continue into HL2?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see Freeman's Mind continue into HL2?

• Yes, I have a change of underwear ready for the moment of that announcement!
    • Maybe, if Ross wants to that is.
    • I don't care, I JUST WANT MORE CIVIL PROTECTION!
    • Nah, it had a good run, but it's time to lay it to rest.
    • Ross should continue Freeman's Mind into Half Life 2 when Half Life 3 comes out (Never).

Hey folks, I'm making this as to get a general consensus as to what the AF community feels about Ross, if he was willing, continuing Freeman's mind into Half Life 2.

"I hate computers! Why do they always blow up when I use them?"

Didn't Ross say once that his original plan was to do HL2, then decided to do HL1 first for the sake of continuity?

But yeah I'd love him to do HL2 if he has the time and enough dialogue material to keep it fresh. :)

There are plenty of foreseeable witty quips to make, but that's a long ways away. Sure, when we get that far, I'd like it to continue. Not so sure about the episodes, however. My question is, would he use the current, botched up version of HL2, or the classic 2004 version (Completely emulatable through mods) most of us first experienced?

A Kung-Fu Master, Thomas and Silvia were suddenly attacked by several unknown guys.

Well, there are many more things in HL2(+episodes) to interact with. So I guess it's much easier to make great episodes that in HL.

He can do great things with moments like, Dog throwing Alyx and Gordon into the citadel, or the first time he sees a fast zombie etc...

The only thing missing in HL2 is the unlogical level design which Ross uses to make some funny dialogues(crate smashing room!).

We all love Freeman's Mind and Ross says it's a great filler for in between larger projects. I can't imagine why he wouldn't continue Freeman's Mind just to have to come up with some other 'filler' to show us. To me it's a no brainer. As long as Ross is working on video projects that take a long time to complete he'll need filler material. Freeman's Mind is perfect. Fans love it and it's established and fairly easy to produce. So, yes, I want it to continue and ... So why not do it?

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Absolutely. From what I understand, Ross was planning on starting FM in HL2, anyway, but felt that it'd be more appropriate in HL1 first. However, this is just what I'd love to see. I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't want to go into HL2 at all. I'd be a little disappointed if he didn't finish HL1, though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Ross did say that HL2 would be a bit quicker on the go with its more directed narrative and whatnot. Would probably be a bit easier to get through with all the character interactions and cinematic set pieces :P

Ross also said that he would continue FM as long as there was fan support for it.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I'd love to see Ross continue Freeman's Mind into HL2 after he's finished with HL1.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Whatever Ross wants to do is what I want. I'm a fan regardless what videos he's putting out, even though Freeman's Mind is my favorite, it wouldn't be a big deal to me if he didn't continue it. Then again, it would be sick...

Looks like I was the only one voting for the final option.

Sorry but I just don't really care that much about Freeman's Mind. It's fun and all but once he has finished HL1... I don't really see any need for the series to continue. Maybe when Half-Life 3 comes out he will have an interest in it again though. Who knows.

I just love Ross Scott for his Civil Protection stuff more than Freeman's Mind. Feels like he puts more work into Civil Protection.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I would almost like to see him start alternating episodes, doing one of HL, then one of HL2, but that would be something of a strain, wouldn't it?

Considering each episode is several months of work and that's only with HL1, yes it possibly would and would leave him unable to work on what he really wants to work on, since he's doing Freeman's Mind almost solely as a fanservice at this point.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Only if he's able, I'd prefer him not to be old and gray by the time he finishes, just because of obligation if he doesn't wanna.

I love his work on FM, but I personally feel like he should stop after HL1. It's more out of well being of Mr. Ross than the jokes and material runing dry.(Which wont by the way, Ross is a genius)

BUT, if he DOES want to do HL2, then he has my full support. I just want him to decide on how much time this would consume for him before he really commits to it.

Hell i'd be happy just to see it continue with HL1 at this point.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Depends. If Ross comes up with some sort of continuity for the remainder of HL1 and starts doing, say, 1 video 2 weeks on the clock, I'd love to see it continue.

However, what with the erratic posting schedule that currently exists, I think I'd be happy enough if he were to lay the series to rest at the end of HL1. That's not to say I wouldn't love to see a HL2 series, just that if he decided to put it down, I'd be okay with that.