Animation help needed maybe

As mentioned in the last post, I'm currently working on a custom video with a deadline in early November. I'm scrambling to try and get all the animation done hopefully by the end of the month, leaving a little bit of time afterwards for sound and music. I have some great people helping me right now, but if one of them were to disappear (which is VERY possible), then I may have problems. On that note, I'd rather play things cautiously and want to ask for some additional help just in case more is needed. Here are the positions I'm looking for:

3RD PARTY SOFTWARE ANIMATOR - There are two areas to help here. One is doing some custom character animation for a Valve skeleton, you can use any software you want for this, as long as you can export to .SMD or .DMX format. The other will involve altering a model and creating some simple animations for it. For this you will either need to decompile a Source model or else import a Softimage scene file into whichever software you use.

SOURCE FILMMAKER ANIMATOR - Depending on your skill level, may involve facial expression animation, movement of simple objects, patching together some scenes, car animation, maybe some lighting, could be several different minor things.

HAMMER HELPER - Someone to do misc. touch-up work to maps in Hammer. This will involve placing additional props, testing light settings, replacing and rotating a lot of textures, simple stuff like that. You do not need to be a skilled map maker for this (already have great people on that), but you do need to be familiar with Hammer for Source SDK.

If you're interested in helping with any of this, please contact me at [email protected], thanks.

I'm trying to work on my animation skills, so I'd love to help, but I'd probably be too unskilled and certainly not reliable (what with school and all). But best of luck, and I look forward to seeing the final production!

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

...I have some great people helping me right now, but if one of them were to disappear (which is VERY possible), then I may have problems...

Well, at least the police will know who to question first. (Just out of curiosity, why is it "VERY possible" that one of them disappears?)

Aside from that, I can't really help tough, I'm a programmer, not an artist. (Sorry)

As it happens I am familiar with the Hammer editor, although it has been a while since I last used it.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

How would Paris call girls, joyful or not, be of any help to Ross and his animation requirements, may I ask?

Regards

P.S. Apologies. That spammer went to great lengths to blend in - inconspicuous name, avatar pic, even the usual nonsense was Half-Life-related. I could not resist...

Edited by Guest (see edit history)