Blood donation+more

I just got back from donating blood today and I wondered how many of you donate blood and also how many of you are organ donors. Also your opinion on organ donation/ blood donation. I am an organ donor (for those who dont know, that means that if I die all my usable organs are removed and given to people who need them) I also want my body given to science or med students when I die.

What your not crazy too?

Never donated blood or organs but I respect people who do. It's a selfless action and shows that you truly care about those around you as it's more than just words, is an action that proves it.

Without blood donors, hospitals would have a serious problem.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Thanks for reminding. I never donated blood but recently thought about doing so, as it is very important (also, I'm blood type 0).

By the way, I live in Austria, what means that I'm organ donor by default, unless I clearly state [preferably written] that I don't want to. Did you actively choose to be organ donor or does your country have a similar legal situation?

Did you actively choose to be organ donor or does your country have a similar legal situation?

You have to opt in in the US when you get your drivers license. it is not chosen by default, you have to actively select it. And it basically puts a little heart on my license that means if I am pronounced dead then my organs can be grabbed immediately after death and transplanted or stored quickly (to preserve freshness :D ) although for my body to be donated to science I would have to state so in a will (or other official "If I die" document)

What your not crazy too?

I donate blood regularly. Next time is actually this Saturday. They've asked me to give plasma this time (usually I do what they call "double reds," where they take twice the amount of blood out of you but pump the plasma back in - I guess this time it's the opposite.)

I'm also registered as an organ donor.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I would donate blood if I didn't have a unique reaction to the needle being in me... All of the blood being pumped to my extremities gets sucked back to my core, and it can actually suck the blood out of the vacuum vials. (only seen it happen once though) Only way to get it to flow is to take it straight from a semi-major/major vein, and hope I don't black out. (if I do black out, my heart is stopped, and it has almost happened twice) This reaction has led to my extreme dislike of needles designed to withdraw blood or give injections.

As for organ donor, I am one... I figure, once I'm dead, if they can find an organ that I'm not using (all of them) that they can use, then why not... I'm not going to be using it for the foreseeable future, right?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I was registered for organ donation but recently found out I have a blood condition which means my organs are as useful to another human as a dogs would be. This means my body is absolutely worthless.

I was registered for organ donation but recently found out I have a blood condition which means my organs are as useful to another human as a dogs would be. This means my body is absolutely worthless.

hey you can still donate it to science!

What your not crazy too?

well today I just got one weird message in ye old snail mail....

I am requested to be a sperm doner. funny thing is that sperm donation is a much bigger time commitment than blood donation. and I cant make that commitment, (5 weeks of qualification then at least 6 months to a year of weekly donations).

What your not crazy too?

Since we are talking about things like organ donation, it took me a few seconds to figure out what you meant by "tissues".

I guess the image that flashed up in my head was not what you intended^^

I've donated blood 4 times in my life. My blood type is O-, which means anyone can use my blood, but i can only accept O-.(My next donation is scheduled for January, i had to wait a year because i received a tattoo.) I'm not an organ donor though at the behest of my dad. He wants my body intact when i pass. understandable.

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.