Adventure Time!

Do you enjoy sensing show, "Adventure Time," with your optical and/or auditory nerves?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy sensing show, "Adventure Time," with your optical and/or auditory nerves?

• Very Yes
    • Yes
    • Shrug of Indifference
    • No
    • Very No
    • Please Educate Me. I have a deprived life and do not know of this show.

Sign in to follow this  

I mean, the MLP thread has been around for far too long for this not to have been made, and yet, here I am. Anyways, I personally love this show. Tell me what you think and we'll hopefully end up with a similar, happy, everybody-loves-each-other thread like the MLP one.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I like what I've seen, but since I don't generally watch TV anymore (most of the TV shows I watch, I watch on Youtube) I haven't really been that interested in it besides random video clips. Which, funnily enough, is how I got started with MLP. So, my answer is 'yes' although I don't watch the show regularly.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I tried it, found nothing funny, although I can see where the humor is, so meh.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I can't help but imagine every episode starts something like this:

"Hey, do you know what time it is?!"

"No, what time?"

"ADVENTURE TIME!"

*da-da-dee-dah-dah-dah-de-daaaaah* and then the theme song.

Not at all. It's actually got some serious plot and character design. And the humor is there, but like Psycho said, it isn't for everyone. Oh, and Pinks:

http://www.mastertoons.com Adventure Time is on there somewhere. But if you use Chrome, get Adblocker or something or you'll have to deal with the incessant ads of death.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

adventure_time_with_finn_jake1.png

If you've ever seen these characters, then you basically already got the basic premise. These guys go on adventures with the help of some pink bubblegum princess and vampire chick and do stuff.

What I personally like about the show, is that the humor carries over in episodes. You'd think, this being a one-off cartoon (where episodes don't connect with each other) that once an episode is over, the next episode is completely new, but sometimes they go back to older jokes which I thought was pretty cool.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Please Educate Me. I have a deprived life and do not know of this show.

I know this show, but only from tumblr and internet in general, but I haven't watched it. It looks, well, it doesn't look like something I'd like. Well, maybe I'm wrong. I'm just not interested in these cartoons.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Please Educate Me. I have a deprived life and do not know of this show.

I know this show, but only from tumblr and internet in general, but I haven't watched it. It looks, well, it doesn't look like something I'd like. Well, maybe I'm wrong. I'm just not interested in these cartoons.

There's a LOT of backstory and plot to this deal. The first season doesn't really have any plot. It was just random bullshit to get the show popular. As the seasons progressed, they got more and more plot focused with some episodes. It has some silly stuff, some deep thinking, and some REALLY weird shit. I like it mainly because of the lighthearted style it has, and the dark humor beneath it. I dunno. It's a good show. You should certainly check it out. And apparently, the website I posted earlier is getting C+D's from Cartoon Network, so it's going down.

Have to vote "Very No".

I know people that like this show, but they are also people who laugh at things that aren't even remotely funny, or don't laugh at things that are totally hilarious.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Beats me. Maybe just bad use of everything.

Maybe it's just that a lot of things are sorta nostalgic. I tend to loathe nostalgia because I think of looking back on some things and reusing them as being kind of along the same line as regression. Not all things, but some things.

Also, the freeform animation, THEY'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG!

Have to vote "Very No".

I know people that like this show, but they are also people who laugh at things that aren't even remotely funny, or don't laugh at things that are totally hilarious.

Yes, Bullseye, we all expected that, I'm sure.

And Humin, what do you mean about the freeform animation? Also remember you've only watched one episode.

Have to vote "Very No".

Yes, Bullseye, we all expected that, I'm sure.

And Humin, what do you mean about the freeform animation? Also remember you've only watched one episode.

The animation is different and new, but not groundbreaking. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

tumblr_m2a69cdAeV1r53vgto1_500_large.gif

I see this and I go to this:

Q.jpg

and yes I know it's the same voice actress.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA