US withdrawal from Afghanistan

Sign in to follow this  

The day all troops are withdrawn from Afghanistan will be a cherished day in US history, one in which the soldiers "over there" will finally get to see their loved ones again, and be glad that the fighting is over. It will also be a day of celebration for the Taliban, as the only force capable of stopping them will leave the country and likely never come back. Once again, the US has lost another front in the War on Terror due to a hostile media and population. While the war may not have been going too well, the only way to make Afghanistan a stable country and/or a working democracy would be to destroy the Taliban, but, the US population seems to think that it is an impossible goal (or a goal that seems too hard to complete to be worth it). A withdrawal, however, would only repeat the same mistake the Soviet Union had 3 decades ago.

Nothing new here... This whole "start then lose a war because the government is stupid" problem started with Vietnam. I think it's a decent indication of how far liberalism has spread throughout the government.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

"start then lose a war because the government is stupid"

No, the media and public are the idiots who loose the war on the pretext it costs too many lives (which it doesn't).

The media and public have absolutely no say in how a war is fought. What the media say doesn't affect anything except the public opinion, and the public opinion can't tell the military to pull out.

Show me how the government isn't solely to blame...

the public opinion can't tell the military to pull out.

Really? So then there is no such thing as voting? If the people want a war to end, they elect people to end it, they protest, etc. The public is solely to blame here, they have no notion of sacrifice.

Really? So then there is no such thing as voting? If the people want a war to end, they elect people to end it, they protest, etc. The public is solely to blame here, they have no notion of sacrifice.

Don't be silly, leaders are SELECTED, not elected. The Illuminati has been planning all those worldly events for centuries, so that irrespective of whoever comes into office, those things are bound to happen. "Free election" is an illusion that tricks the people into believing that bad things occur because they've chosen the wrong leader(s).

From what Ive seen, people are quick to take back their promises once they have power and money. Just saying.

How is the public solely to blame?

"Life sucks sober!"

How is the public solely to blame?

Because here is how it works:

1. War occurs in a country (resistance to the occupation of a country).

2. People from the occupation force die due to resistance.

3. The people back home don't want their countrymen killed.

4. Civil disturbances occur in order to protest the occupation.

5. The people elect someone to end the fighting.

So I might have been wrong blaming the public 100%, but they play a major role in bringing the troops back home (and letting the country occupied now slip into disorder and chaos because of it).

I have yet to see any evidence of a "civil disturbance" in regard to ending the wars we started after 9/11... I also don't recall anyone using the "he'll end the war" reason for why they voted for any of the current elected officials.

I have yet to see any evidence of a "civil disturbance" in regard to ending the wars we started after 9/11... I also don't recall anyone using the "he'll end the war" reason for why they voted for any of the current elected officials.

First,

There have been plenty of civil disturbances, which take the form of protests.

Second,

Even if the people didn't vote for someone to end the war, They'd better end it, or else there will be political consequences at home. And I do believe Obama was elected on an anti-war viewpoint to some extent.

Based on your statements, you are unwilling to consider any information that may contradict your current viewpoint... Have fun believing whatever it is you do, whether right or wrong.

Based on your statements, you are unwilling to consider any information that may contradict your current viewpoint... Have fun believing whatever it is you do, whether right or wrong.

I can see the writing on the wall. Don't know what you're talking about.

The Illuminati has been planning all those worldly events for centuries, so that irrespective of whoever comes into office, those things are bound to happen. "Free election" is an illusion that tricks the people into believing that bad things occur because they've chosen the wrong leader(s).

They make meds for paranoid schizophrenia now. The Illuminati hasn't existed for around 400 years, and was not a power even when it did.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

The Illuminati has been planning all those worldly events for centuries, so that irrespective of whoever comes into office, those things are bound to happen. "Free election" is an illusion that tricks the people into believing that bad things occur because they've chosen the wrong leader(s).

They make meds for paranoid schizophrenia now. The Illuminati hasn't existed for around 400 years, and was not a power even when it did.

Don't even bother with these conspiracy dumbasses. Back on topic guys.

Don't be silly, leaders are SELECTED, not elected. The Illuminati has been planning all those worldly events for centuries, so that irrespective of whoever comes into office, those things are bound to happen. "Free election" is an illusion that tricks the people into believing that bad things occur because they've chosen the wrong leader(s).

If you want to barge into a discussion like this with claims like that, you need to cite your sources. If you don't have any sources for this beyond your own opinion, then don't post something outlandish like this as it is quite out-of-place in this thread, even though you may be linking it to the thread subject.

Don't even bother with these conspiracy dumbasses. Back on topic guys.

Whilst his claim is outlandish and unsubstantiated, and your request for people returning to the original topic of discussion was fine, the insult was unnecessary.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Because here is how it works:

1. War occurs in a country (resistance to the occupation of a country).

2. People from the occupation force die due to resistance.

3. The people back home don't want their countrymen killed.

4. Civil disturbances occur in order to protest the occupation.

5. The people elect someone to end the fighting.

So I might have been wrong blaming the public 100%, but they play a major role in bringing the troops back home (and letting the country occupied now slip into disorder and chaos because of it).

The day all troops are withdrawn from Afghanistan will be a cherished day in US history, one in which the soldiers "over there" will finally get to see their loved ones again, and be glad that the fighting is over. It will also be a day of celebration for the Taliban, as the only force capable of stopping them will leave the country and likely never come back. Once again, the US has lost another front in the War on Terror due to a hostile media and population. While the war may not have been going too well, the only way to make Afghanistan a stable country and/or a working democracy would be to destroy the Taliban, but, the US population seems to think that it is an impossible goal (or a goal that seems too hard to complete to be worth it). A withdrawal, however, would only repeat the same mistake the Soviet Union had 3 decades ago.

No, the media and public are the idiots who loose the war on the pretext it costs too many lives (which it doesn't).

Good God, was I really this much of a sick, insensitive, fuck?

OT: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/28/us-nato-formally-end-war-afghanistan-kabul-ceremony

Well, it's finished. Only time will tell us what will happen.

The "government" in Afghanistan does not stand a chance. You think why there is such an explosion in refugees trying to escape from there to anywhere now? Because they see the writing on the wall... Every one who think the can get away from what's coming - is trying to... It's the same situation as after the Soviets withdrew. And they left a much stronger government behind, so...

Regards

It was going to happen either way. Nobody could build a stable Iraqi government. A dictatorship, Saddam style, could probably do it but nobody's going to set that up, it would be a disaster back home.

In the end the question is, do we pull out now as we agreed to years ago, or do we stay there another 20 years and let the Afghani government fall when we pull out then instead?

May as well go like we agreed, not like it'll have gotten any more stable in the meantime.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.