Good top 100 list of single player FPS RPG games

Sign in to follow this  

Currently there aren't any games that I'm interested in playing that I can find on my own, so I was wondering if the fans of Ross could come up with a nice long list of good FPS single player games like HL HL2 that are worth buying for the PC and have a story. I don't have a console and have no intention of getting one, but if anyone can suggest some good games in the past 10 years with decent graphics I would be eternally grateful.

I see to have difficulty finding a nice comprehensive list of these types of games more than a top 5 top 10 list.

Current list of games I played:

Fallout 3, 3.5

Oblivion

Skyrim

BioShock 1,2 (I'll get 3 soon)

Witcher 2

Dead Space 2

Metro

HL 1,2

Crysis 1,2,3

Farcry 3

COD 4,5,6

Dishonored

I would really like to see as many added as possible. Please add all the ones that you thought were worth buying. And thank you in advance

Far Cry 2

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind

Dead Island

Dead Island: Riptide

Deus Ex

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Red Faction: Armageddon

Those are just the ones from my current Steam games list...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Dead Island looks fun, thanks for that one. Deus Ex is one of those I really should get into.

Bioshock

Elder Scrolls series

Payday 1 & 2

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2

Unreal/Tournament series

Borderlands 1 & 2

Dishonored

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Payday 1 & 2

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2

Unreal/Tournament series

Those are just FPS, not FPS-RPG...

Payday 1 & 2

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2

Unreal/Tournament series

Those are just FPS, not FPS-RPG...

Witcher 2 isn't a FPS, and technically neither are the Elder Scrolls games, yet they've been listed.

Actually, despite the fact that the Elder Scrolls games are listed as being just an RPG, there's approximately 3/5 of the game that is dedicated to first person projectile throwing... (archery and magic-based projectiles) Technically they are FPS-RPG games due to that. (third person is not really considered the main interface method for the game, despite being able to play in that mode) It's like saying that a Battlefield game isn't an FPS since you can use a knife, and drive a vehicle.

Payday isn't really an RPG... It's just an FPS with a complex goal system.

Witcher 2 isn't an FPS, but I didn't preclude it because it was in the OP's list already. (and who am I to argue with his list?)

And yet you target me... Let's just move on and go with FPS-RPGs, FPS, and RPGs, unless icthulu says otherwise.

And yet you target me...

You're taking a statement of fact way too personally... If I was attacking you it would've been much clearer. I didn't even say that they shouldn't go on the list, if you read my post all the way to the end of it's single sentence... (the OP did request "non-RPG" FPS games as well if you read the post all the way through) I like to try and educate people when it appears that they are not familiar with certain things that I am familiar with. (like genre separation, FPS/RPG/TPS/TBS/Strategy/Sim/Racing/etc.)

I also misused the word "preclude" in my previous post... It's more of a "didn't list it as not matching a specific genre" than a preclude situation.

Here's the thing BTG, the title of this thread is looking for FPS RPG games. Now this can be interpreted as either FPS games and RPG games, or FPS-RPG hybrid games. In the actual post he talks about FPS games, and lists off FPS games, along with RPG games. Hell, you even listed two games that aren't even in first person, and if I'm not mistaken, not even RPGs. Then there's the Elder Scrolls games (posted by multiple people, my self included) that are technically both FPS and TPS RPG hybrid. I've also posted other FPS and FPS-RPG hybrids, which BTW both Paydays are part of, like it or not. Seeing as you do gain EXP, you do level up, and you do get better weapons and armor (at least in two). What more do you want for it to be an RPG? Lastly, yes you've been targeting me, and only me, when (like I've pointed out, multiple times) others (your self included) have listed games that don't meet the FPS/FPS-RPG hybrid criteria.

which BTW both Paydays are part of, like it or not. Seeing as you do gain EXP, you do level up, and you do get better weapons and armor (at least in two)..

And every modern FPS is included in that type of upgrading scheme. Some RPGs don't use experience points (or something like them) at all.

As for the rest, yes I included 2 that aren't FPS, but are RPG... (Red Faction is an RPG, despite what you might think) And that doesn't mean anything at all. You're taking offense when none was given, and you're taking a list way too personally. CHILL THE FUCK OUT DUDE!

Deus Ex (the entire trilogy)

Silent hill

Half life (1,2,episode 1 and 2)

Oblivion

Fallout (1,2,3)

Far Cry

Diablo II

Sigh* Minecraft

Thief 2:The Metal Age

GTA (3,Vice City,San Andreas)

I feel like a big :geek: right now :I

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post has been approved by the local psychiatric ward. Play safe!

Silent hill

Diablo II

Fallout (1,2)

Not FPS. (Silent Hill isn't even an RPG either)

Far Cry

Minecraft

Not RPG. (Minecraft can be modded to be an RPG, it's close without the mods, but it really isn't an RPG without)

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Already on the list.

Derp.

I didn't know it has to be both FPS and RPG.Why does it matter,they're all awesome.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post has been approved by the local psychiatric ward. Play safe!

I didn't say it had to be both, but I'm guessing it'd have to one or the other.

I should've clarified in my first list addition which of mine were FPS, RPG, and FPSRPG... I'm doing that now with the rest of the posted games.

My first list, broken down...

FPSRPG: Far Cry 2

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind

Dead Island

Dead Island: Riptide

Deus Ex

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

TPSRPG: Red Faction: Guerrilla

Red Faction: Armageddon

Silent hill

Diablo II

Fallout (1,2)

Not FPS. (Silent Hill isn't even an RPG either)

Far Cry

Minecraft

Not RPG. (Minecraft can be modded to be an RPG, it's close without the mods, but it really isn't an RPG without)

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Already on the list.

Who died and made you the all mighty ruler of gaming?

When did I say I was? I'm just trying to be specific in the genre classifications, and make sure people look at what the original post said... Take offense if you want, but it's your fault, not mine.