Team Fortress 2

Well, that #savetf2 thing did get it a pretty good bugfix patch just a couple days ago, actually.

The fact that Valve's updates prior to this have been kind of bad and the servers being overrun with bots and cheaters hasn't changed, but hey, maybe it's the start to something better.

Honestly, all I want at this point is for them to release the last comic. How the fuck does this company keep teasing people with final-act cliffhangers?

I sincerely hope we'll see more than just a bugfix patch but I think it's unlikely.

TF2 released well over a decade ago at this point. I think Valve is gonna put increasingly more people on new projects. But hey, they keep releasing patches for Half-Life 1 even now and then so nothing's impossible.

Edited by Alyxx Thorne (see edit history)

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I would agree if not for the fact that this came right after they directly responded to the twitter campaign saying they were going to make some more substantive changes. Obviously current-era Valve is a disappointing company, but I think it remains to be seen whether they were outright lying.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

The Iron Bomber's broken-ass hitbox registration just got fixed yesterday, surprisingly enough.

Patch notes.

Fuck, man. Everything. I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.

Having been playing the game for the past several days, I can say the bot crisis in casual has died down quite a bit. I see two a day at most, and unless the server's full of them, they get votekicked pretty quickly. I hear one of the mid-July updates broke a lot of botting software, so this is a good start. I hope they can keep that momentum going.

summer update is pretty minor, though at least most of the hats in the new crate aren't lame

On 7/31/2022 at 10:13 AM, Shaddy said:

Having been playing the game for the past several days, I can say the bot crisis in casual has died down quite a bit. I see two a day at most, and unless the server's full of them, they get votekicked pretty quickly. I hear one of the mid-July updates broke a lot of botting software, so this is a good start. I hope they can keep that momentum going.

yeah i've been playing again for around a month and at least in NA bots are largely not a problem any more. the bigger issue at this point imo are human cheaters. people are very reluctant to kick anyone with items even when they're pretty blatantly cheating.

i've heard bots are a bigger issue in EU servers, although the few times the system has thrown me into them i didn't see any

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

On 6/26/2022 at 7:25 AM, Alyxx Thorne said:

It seems Valve doesn't really care about TF2 anymore, which is a shame considering it's one of the most highly played multiplayer FPSs of all time.

Most highly played I'd probably push back on, I can't imagine it's figures could line up to some of the AAA titans of the past decade, but it is without a doubt one of the most culturally impactful multiplayer FPS games.

the name's riley

On 10/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, rairii said:

Most highly played I'd probably push back on, I can't imagine it's figures could line up to some of the AAA titans of the past decade, but it is without a doubt one of the most culturally impactful multiplayer FPS games.

Most cumulative playtime overall is a potential, though. It kept the playerbase up for years before it started falling into disrepair. Fortnite is probably the only thing that has a chance of beating it, but it'll probably still need to keep going for a couple years.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

with the incoming holiday-sized summer update, i'm curious about how much content in it is going to be genuinely worthwhile. what we have to look forward to most are the maps, we just have to hope valve picks good/good bad maps instead of things like wutville

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

I wonder if they'll take this time to finally finish that fucking comic book.

they put a damn seal in the game

3004208714_preview_CrSnZk9oJyZToPuTVRCd3B.jpg

Fuck, man. Everything. I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.