Assassin's Creed, Ross Scott, Eternam

Sign in to follow this  

So, in Ross's Game Dungeon, Ross reviewed the game Eternam and in the review, he lamented that there weren't too many games set in the time of the French revolution.

Evidently, the new Assassin's Creed game (named "Unity") is going to be set in the time of the French revolution. Now all we need is an Assassin's Creed set in a haunted amusement park... ;)

Wait, I thought Ross mentioned the Assassin's Creed game that was going to be set in the time of the French Revolution during that episode...

All I want for the next assassins creed is:

1. No fucking Desmond (which black flag fixed)

2. Have it set in WWII

3. You are a polish assassin fighting the german oppression

4. You still use blades but have access to a luger or something

5. NO FUCKING DESMOND

6. NO. FUCKING. DESMOND.

"Life sucks sober!"

Pff, the French revolution idea is like 10x better.

the name's riley

2. Have it set in WWII

5. NO FUCKING DESMOND

6. NO. FUCKING. DESMOND.

why the hell everyone hate Desmond so much? only thing i dislike about his story is that when he had first decent character development in game, he was killed.

But about ww2- im frankly quite tired of ww2 games being set to more famous battles. Its like very huge portion of the ww2 hadnt happen. Also, nazis are frankly overcriminalized. Before you come calling me a nazi, hear me out- most soldiers were not involved in war crimes and yet we are given impression that nazi soldier= always evil sadistic bastard (THAT is what i call overcriminalizing, as large portion of soldiers were in german uniform against their will). However, i dont even try to deny or justify these people who DID commit war crimes or "simply" crimes- who were still large in quantity.

i would like to stress that, that I DO NOT approve nazi crimes- i despise people who did those

But why not also let ww2 era assassin fight against soviets? its untold story that soviets were in fact bigger criminals than nazis (again, no justification towards nazis- NOTHING is going to make their crimes disappear). Its bit too stereotypic that soviets were "innocent"... Its often forgotten that they aided nazis at start of the war, invading Poland from east.

But back to ww2 fronts- Poland is good alternative, but main thing i seriously dont want to happen- i dont want to see battle of stalingrad or d-day. 2 most overplayed battles.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

2. Have it set in WWII

5. NO FUCKING DESMOND

6. NO. FUCKING. DESMOND.

why the hell everyone hate Desmond so much? only thing i dislike about his story is that when he had first decent character development in game, he was killed.

But about ww2- im frankly quite tired of ww2 games being set to more famous battles. Its like very huge portion of the ww2 hadnt happen. Also, nazis are frankly overcriminalized. Before you come calling me a nazi, hear me out- most soldiers were not involved in war crimes and yet we are given impression that nazi soldier= always evil sadistic bastard (THAT is what i call overcriminalizing, as large portion of soldiers were in german uniform against their will). However, i dont even try to deny or justify these people who DID commit war crimes or "simply" crimes- who were still large in quantity.

i would like to stress that, that I DO NOT approve nazi crimes- i despise people who did those

But why not also let ww2 era assassin fight against soviets? its untold story that soviets were in fact bigger criminals than nazis (again, no justification towards nazis- NOTHING is going to make their crimes disappear). Its bit too stereotypic that soviets were "innocent"... Its often forgotten that they aided nazis at start of the war, invading Poland from east.

But back to ww2 fronts- Poland is good alternative, but main thing i seriously dont want to happen- i dont want to see battle of stalingrad or d-day. 2 most overplayed battles.

I know that nazi soldiers didnt have a choice (I know my wwII history, it is one of my biggest interests)

I also know that the soviets were alot worse than the nazis (before someone goes: "CONCENTRATION CAAAAAMPSSSSS!!!" I want to say that the soviets also had camps similar to concentration camps. They also killed ALOT more than the nazis did. Its just because the soviets were on the winning side that this gets overshadowed) and I wouldnt mind running around in snowy russia, killing high-ranked officers with my mosin nagant but I much prefer the feel and atmosphere of war-torn europe. It would also be cool to be an assassin for the nazis who knew that the americans were working for the templars or something, that is never gonna happen though because people would put their PC-hats on and scream: "NAZI FUCKS!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS??! SIX MILLIOOOOOOOOON" Yeah we know that alot of people died at the hands of the nazis and it was horrible, yet nobody makes any protests when a vietnam-game comes out where you play as the americans. So fuck the world for existing and ruining my fun.

Also, I never hated Desmond, as a character he was all right. What I hated was that I just wanted to play as a medieval assassin running around killing people but instead got: "YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THIS MACHINE NOW TO DO IRRELEVANT BULLSHIT THAT YOU DONT CARE ABOUT FOR 20 MINUTES!! ISNT THIS THE MOST FUCKING FUN YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE?!"

At least they dropped that shit with black flag.

In short: No fucking fun is ever allowed anymore and I wish I had the budget and skill to make videogames so that I could release controversial games and watch people get mad.

"Life sucks sober!"

I know that nazi soldiers didnt have a choice (I know my wwII history, it is one of my biggest interests)

I also know that the soviets were alot worse than the nazis (before someone goes: "CONCENTRATION CAAAAAMPSSSSS!!!" I want to say that the soviets also had camps similar to concentration camps. They also killed ALOT more than the nazis did. Its just because the soviets were on the winning side that this gets overshadowed) and I wouldnt mind running around in snowy russia, killing high-ranked officers with my mosin nagant but I much prefer the feel and atmosphere of war-torn europe. It would also be cool to be an assassin for the nazis who knew that the americans were working for the templars or something, that is never gonna happen though because people would put their console-hats on and scream: "NAZI FUCKS!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS??! SIX MILLIOOOOOOOOON" Yeah we know that alot of people died at the hands of the nazis and it was horrible, yet nobody makes any protests when a vietnam-game comes out where you play as the americans. So fuck the world for existing and ruining my fun.

Also, I never hated Desmond, as a character he was all right. What I hated was that I just wanted to play as a medieval assassin running around killing people but instead got: "YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THIS MACHINE NOW TO DO IRRELEVANT BULLSHIT THAT YOU DONT CARE ABOUT FOR 20 MINUTES!! ISNT THIS THE MOST FUCKING FUN YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE?!"

At least they dropped that shit with black flag.

In short: No fucking fun is ever allowed anymore and I wish I had the budget and skill to make videogames so that I could release controversial games and watch people get mad.

fixed your quote for you :D

Luckily Ubisoft seems to be more than willing to show "bad guys" as in fact good guys. So i think that IF we get to see ww2 era AC, we might get german assassin who officially could be in ranks of nazi army.

Good spots for AC in ww2 era Europe in respect, that i could slaughter both nazis and soviets, would be (starting from the north) Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine. Finland could be included in sidemission, but in terms of nazis vs soviets, its not so good area. Actually i do think it will come eventually, as it is mentioned in official ac canon, that leaders of major nations in ww2 staged it. Mussolini probably used apple of eden or similar artifact, Hitler was killed after he killed his double and left his bunker. This idea could be expanded to point of Stalin's death.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Yeah we know that alot of people died at the hands of the nazis and it was horrible, yet nobody makes any protests when a vietnam-game comes out where you play as the americans.

Don't start. I know what certain media and schools force feed the children about Vietnam, and most of it is propaganda... The southern Vietnamese ASKED US to help them to stay independent.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah we know that alot of people died at the hands of the nazis and it was horrible, yet nobody makes any protests when a vietnam-game comes out where you play as the americans.

Don't start. I know what certain media and schools force feed the children about Vietnam, and most of it is propaganda... The southern Vietnamese ASKED US to help them to stay independent.

Yes I know that.

But there is the whole thing about napalm, which fucked that country up for quite some time. Bombing and killing civilians happen in every war so Im not gonna use that as an argument.

All I wanted to say was: if you let one slide then you gotta let all the others slide aswell. If you ban one then you gotta ban all the others aswell.

Lets not derail this thread, Im not trying to start an argument.

"Life sucks sober!"

I actually kind of want to play as a Templar.

if you played AC3, you already did- remember Haytham?

1. Make a great character which you grow to like almost instantly

Reaveal that he is a templar and that you now has to play as his annoying son who sucks ass

3. ???

4. Profit

"Life sucks sober!"

1. Make a great character which you grow to like almost instantly

Reaveal that he is a templar and that you now has to play as his annoying son who sucks ass

3. ???

4. Profit

i do agree with that. Haytham was mostly nice character, even as old and cruel templar. Though to be fair, there were several hints that he was templar. Connor... i would say that this character was small failure- not complete or big though (as there were several aspects that made him actually plausible- he wasnt idealistic, but he was bit on the dumb side truth be told).

liked Haytham's cameo in ac4 though

I want to say that the soviets also had camps similar to concentration camps. They also killed ALOT more than the nazis did. Its just because the soviets were on the winning side that this gets overshadowed.

I personally don't believe the Soviets killed more than the Nazis (Mao Zedong did, though) but, you can keep believing that, because we are all entitled to our own opinion.

First, US war crimes in Vietnam were very real.

Second, Your claims of propaganda are hollow.

Third, The LEADERS of South Vietnam asked the US to send over troops, not the people.

If you want to keep this going, PM me.

I want to say that the soviets also had camps similar to concentration camps. They also killed ALOT more than the nazis did. Its just because the soviets were on the winning side that this gets overshadowed.

I personally don't believe the Soviets killed more than the Nazis (Mao Zedong did, though) but, you can keep believing that, because we are all entitled to our own opinion.

actually you are wrong here. You dont take into account "indirect" (in quote marks for a reason) victims. They also murdered A LOT of people from lands they occupied. For example, probably most notorious (still very little talked about) case was in eastern Prussia in 1944 where soviet troops literally raped and killed entire towns.

We are entitled to our opinion, but we cant look over the facts.

I don't count indirect deaths, and more importantly it's pretty hard to estimate the number of people they did kill in occupied areas (out of vengeance of course, not just to be evil).

I don't count indirect deaths, and more importantly it's pretty hard to estimate the number of people they did kill in occupied areas (out of vengeance of course, not just to be evil).

out of vengeance... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. ok, in eastern prussian case it was true, but what about Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, who were occupied at start of the war? to whom it was nessesary to "revenge" there? Just a sidenote- its interesting to see that Russia used same scenario to occupy Crimea as it did with Estonia and Latvia in 1940:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfzBfW57qVs i.e just smoke and mirrors to make illegal action seem legal.

But i also imagine you havent heard of soviet destruction battalions, that only task was to destroy everything and kill everyone they can when soviets retreated. in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania they did considerable damage, but still relatively little as german advance was quite swift+ many forest brothers guarded security, but i have heard that in several other places it did not go so well.

out of vengeance... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. ok, in eastern prussian case it was true, but what about Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, who were occupied at start of the war? to whom it was nessesary to "revenge" there? Just a sidenote- its interesting to see that Russia used same scenario to occupy Crimea as it did with Estonia and Latvia in 1940:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfzBfW57qVs i.e just smoke and mirrors to make illegal action seem legal.

But i also imagine you havent heard of soviet destruction battalions, that only task was to destroy everything and kill everyone they can when soviets retreated. in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania they did considerable damage, but still relatively little as german advance was quite swift+ many forest brothers guarded security, but i have heard that in several other places it did not go so well.

Well, you're correct with the other countries that they were pillaging, this isn't just tied to the Red Army by any means. It was simply more destructive than most (minus the Nazis they were fighting). On the destruction battalions, I'm pretty sure the intent was a scorched earth policy, not really a "kill all while maximizing destruction" intent.

Well, you're correct with the other countries that they were pillaging, this isn't just tied to the Red Army by any means. It was simply more destructive than most (minus the Nazis they were fighting). On the destruction battalions, I'm pretty sure the intent was a scorched earth policy, not really a "kill all while maximizing destruction" intent.

Scorched earth policy IS basically the same. It means you destroy any resources enemy could use, including food, water, shelter, industry and most importantly- work force.

i do understand it can be hard to believe that russian army was so innocent as their propaganda has been very effective (most of the world only knows of katyn as major crime by soviet union. truth is- there were hundreds of "katyn's"), but i have had chance to talk with people who have been trough that terror, who have seen the records.

there are also tons of documentaries.

1941 "pravda" (means "truth" in russian, was official newspaper of ussr. reflected views of USSR leaders- thus if you wanted to survive you had to take it as absolute truth) wrote: "Peter the first (russian zar in times of Great Northern war, conquered Estonia and Latvia from Sweden) made huge mistake by not deporting all native people from coast of baltic sea".

So yeah, i truly think that if person thinks that soviets killed less than nazis, then they are either victims of russian brainwash or just dont have enough info. Mostly second option though.