New Interview: The Mute Button

I've been pretty busy lately and I'm working to have a new video out as soon as I can, but in the meantime, there's a new discussion I was invited to for the podcast "The Mute Button" however they may be changing their name soon as they're not the only podcast with that name.

LINK TO PODCAST

The podcast mostly focused on machinima and movies based on videogames. I maybe should have said more than I did, but I said most of things I wanted to and shamelessly plugged Gorilla Gongmore than a bit.

Anyway, I hope to have the next FM episode out in a few days, with a bunch more videos coming after that.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

They mention a Half-Life movie, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Valve have been planning on making one themselves since they had a few bad ideas pitched to them.

Anything with Ross Scott in it is great. The podcast pace is a little slow but I enjoyed it. As for a half life movie, in early 2013 it was mentioned that JJ Abrams was going to be directing a movie, but I haven't seen any new updates since then.

Cant wait for the new FM video Ross, should be fucking awesome

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

How's the DOTA 2 thing going?

Welcome................To!..........................................DOOOOOOTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

Interesting interview... A bit long on the parts that didn't really do anything, and an awful lot of "blank space"...

Still, anything with Ross in it is good.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Maybe somebody with alot of spare time could transcribe it. I can only understand about a third of the words. :oops:

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Hey guys. I'm Denham and I run the podcast, as well as the YouTube channel it runs with in tandem. This feedback is great for us and really helps us shape how we do things in the effort to improve it. Don't think anything you say is too harsh. In fact, the harsher, the better.

Basically, we're having troubles with our providers, PodOmatic. I'm not big on paying for a 'pro' membership of $100 a year, so we have to stay within the confines of bandwidth limitations and the likes.

Therefore, we are uploading an archive alongside the podcast on our eternal friend, YouTube. You can listen to it here (https://www.youtube.com/user/Dinkzta) but downloads will unfortunately be limited from month to month, though a fair amount of people should be able to download it anyways.

iTunes also allows for subscriptions to the podcast if that's the way you wanna go about things.

As of this post, Episode 3 of the podcast is being uploaded to the channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/Dinkzta) and should be available in the next few hours.

Sorry about any issues that PodOmatic throws at us all, but we need time to adapt to the situation as we never thought the podcast would reach this amount of listens!

Oh, we will also see what we can do about finding a way of hosting the files online permanently so that they are available to download at any time at any rate.

Much Love,

-Denham

Oh, and I would also like to give a huge thank you to anyone who gave the podcast a shot, and of course, to Ross for coming on to the show and sharing his thoughts and knowledge with us for an hour. We were blown away by the fact that we got the chance to speak with him, even if the podcast was littered with silent patches :P keep up the awesome work.

Maybe somebody with alot of spare time could transcribe it. I can only understand about a third of the words. :oops:

I'll see what I can do :) apologies if you could barely understand us.

Dinkzta I did like the podcast but I think Blip.tv or Youtube would be a better spot to host the podcast but if you really need to I would try using Skype if you have to and upload it through Youtube and Blip and I actually did like it alot, I know alot of people would want to see more, I know I would love to join you since I think it would be good to have a variety of gamers and such to join you on the podcast but it depends on when it is because of how the world functions we all live in different timezones

I think Blip.tv or Youtube would be a better spot to host the podcast

Thanks, man :) We do in fact use Skype already. I chose PodOmatic because it's the easiest way to set up RSS feeds for iTunes, which is ultimately where I wanted the podcast to be. The problem with hosting on YouTube is that people there are looking for videos specifically, and are much less likely to stop by for a few hours for a non-visual podcast. PodOmatic's community, however, is looking specifically for podcasts, so you are much more likely to be heard there.

You might also want to look into putting your podcasts into a torrent... Bandwidth is limited only by your own connection until more computers have it, then you have the bandwidth of those computers as well. I think there's even a streaming feature to the torrent protocol.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.