Earthsiege 2

Just something straight out of my childhood. It's a mecha game for Win 95/98 that features a salvage mechanic (determined by YOUR actions!), custom weapon loadouts, a playable flyer, and some of the best mech gameplay I have ever seen. Fast-paced, deep, placement dependent combat with short and long term concerns and AI that puts Mechwarrior to shame. The voice acting is good, the music is catchy, the interface and HUD is entirely diegetic (and varied from cockpit to cockpit) and between mechs, loadouts, pilots and the command screen every mission can be approached a thousand different ways. It has its flaws (WHY can't the other pilots use flyers?), looks its age and the highest difficulty is somewhere between "challenging" and "murderous", but the gane is still fantastic to play no matter how old it gets.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I have both the original, and the second game disks right now... I'll put disk images up on my TPB account when I get the chance.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So do I... Alas, both my old (broken) computer and my new one cannot play it. I do miss it so.

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10238320/Earthsiege

There... I have now got the images up.

One of the best series I've ever played, especially when you include the Cyberstorm and Tribes series that take place in the same 'universe'.

I don't remember if I've got them working in Windows 7, but I know it took nothing to get them running in XP.

[EDIT] The Earthsiege 2 disk got corrupted, and so did the image... I'm trying to repair it's image since the disk probly is kaput.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It doesn't work on 7. I've got a copy here and it won't play, says it's incompatible with my version of windows, trying to install it on 7 is a waste of time.

Which one?

Have you tried running in a VM? (I have to since I'm running 64-bit)

I'm on 64-bit too, and I tried mainly ESII. ESI acted the same way, Starsiege kinda worked but didn't recognize any controllers. I don't have tribes. I tried to use Dosbox to get around it. Can't get the bloody thing working, it won't recognize the disk drive.

Thanks man. But I just got my new computer to run *at all* yesterday and it can't connect to the internet yet, so I'll try it later.

Ok, have fun setting it up!

If you could, please get an image of your Earthsiege 2 disk, and either upload it yourself, or send it to me so I can upload it... There is at least 1 other person that wants it. (and 3-4 others if my torrent client was to be believed)

Okay then. I'll rip my old disk for you, but until I get a working wifi adapter it won't do any good. I'll let you know.

Please do, thanks. :)

BTW, I already got 11 total downloaded from me for the original... That ain't bad.

Progress! I now have an ethernet converter. The downside is it's so schizo I don't think I can do anything with it. The antenna inside it is broken, so I need an external antenna. Until then I can't really use it because it sometimes browses at 500kb/s and downloads at 150, and other times it browses at 5kb/s and won't download at all, and mostly the latter. Once I have the external antenna I'll put up ESII for you.

Well, my schizo ethernet converter is doing better lately, so I tried uploading ESII. My disc turns out to also be bad.

Dang... Oh well. Thanks for trying at least. :)

That is an ancient unseeded torrent unfortunately... It's sad because ES2 was an awesome game for it's time, and far better than Mechwarrior IMO.

Also, remove the ".net" from the link, it's a bad mirror of TPB that doesn't allow the actual download.