New Interview: 8 Bit Life

Hey everyone, I have another interview I did not long ago that recently went up here:

Interview link

It was for the podcast "My So Called 8 Bit Life" where he covers various topics related to videogames or whatever else he wants. Some of the questions have been in other interviews I've done, though there was some more about my background that I haven't been asked before. There was also some stuff related to Machinima.com, but it's nothing that's not in my "Escape From Machinima" posts. I also screwed up the audio for this since Skype was secretly adding a 20dB boost to my recording volume without my realizing it until after the interview was over, so my apologies about that. I try to avoid this sort of thing at all costs in the videos, but I apparently met my match with Skype.

As for the videos, the next Game Dungeon should be out in a couple days at the most, then I have another one planned not long after that. Freeman's Mind won't be returning until next month however.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

YAY! Another interview with Ross!

Also:

First post! (nah, not that important)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Another interesting podcast.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Ross Interview ftw

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I was moved again when Ross started talking about Machinima. You can hear it invites more emotions than needed ;p

I never want to remind myself of it, it was a hard time. Damn...

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

You can tell he's geeking out. That's not to say I wouldn't do the same if in his seat.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

i started listening it again and im laugh so much at the one part the thing i mean like the laughing where you think youre going to fall off your chair oh dear

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Hey everyone. Just incase it isn't apparent, this is Roberto Villegas, the host who performed the interview. Glad to hear people liked the episode. I hope everyone doesn't mind me jumping in here and commenting on the comments, if nothing more than to join the dialogue here as well. I'll do my best to keep it all in this post.

You can tell he's geeking out. That's not to say I wouldn't do the same if in his seat.

It's always tough to talk to people who have made content you love and still keep professional. Ultimately, I feel that podcasting

should be a bit more real than simply a studio interview, so I tend not to stress over it. Regardless, it was a great record for sure.

I was moved again when Ross started talking about Machinema. You can hear it invites more emotions than needed ;p

I never want to remind myself of it, it was a hard time. Damn...

That's the same take I got. Though I wasn't expecting that response, its something I was glad to capture. It's difficult as I know as an interviewer there are parts of the story I will never know due to NDAs, contracts, etc. Ultimately, I think hearing in Ross' voice the anger coming back, it really puts in perspective how the business can work. I'd go more into that, but that would be a way longer discussion.

i started listening it again and im laugh so much at the one part the thing i mean like the laughing where you think youre going to fall off your chair oh dear

Glad you liked it VeryShyPerson. Curious where that point is though.

I think it is the best interview of Ross ever done so far, and it explained so much (at least to me, in terms of why exactly do I find Ross's work so appealing) while also serving as an incredible source of inspiration.

As Ross's *Ofiicial Stalker* I admit, that was the most interesting interview so far. I've heard Ross saying the same things many, many times during other interviews, because questions repeat A LOT. Here, I heard some of the same replies and the same amount of new stuff + honest laugh of the interviewer really made it entertianing :D

Oh yeah it was the part about the....graduating I think. I have trouble remembering things so I don't really remember exactly what it was.

Oh yeah it was the part about the....graduating I think. I have trouble remembering things so I don't really remember exactly what it was.

He ALMOST became a cop. :shock::mrgreen:

That! It made me laugh because that is the last thing I expected.

"THIS IS OFFICER SCOTT OF THE POLISH NATIONAL POLICE FORCE ORDERING YOU TO OPEN UP"

"GET ON THE GROUND! I CAN SOLVE 1000 PROBLEMS A MINUTE WITH THIS AND YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!"

*While in cuffs the criminal turns to Ross*

"Has anyone ever told you that you look like Gordon Freeman?"

"...Yes."

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

That's the same take I got. Though I wasn't expecting that response, its something I was glad to capture. It's difficult as I know as an interviewer there are parts of the story I will never know due to NDAs, contracts, etc. Ultimately, I think hearing in Ross' voice the anger coming back, it really puts in perspective how the business can work. I'd go more into that, but that would be a way longer discussion.
Well guys I can say right now I'm really holding back from how I actually feel about it emotionally. It's not even anger so much as survival impulse, like "oh my god, I have to do something or I'm screwed." feeling which isn't exactly the same as anger. Plus Machinima is a collective entity that pulls in different directions, it's not like it's one person you can attribute things to, so it made things very frustrating. While I'm glad to be able to warn other people of my experiences with the company, in general I prefer to just not think about them at all most of the time. This may sound stupid, but I think of the experience more like a torturer I had to deal with. I'm not equivocating it to actual torture, but I'm glad I escaped and don't want to go back to it.

Plus Machinima is a collective entity that pulls in different directions, it's not like it's one person you can attribute things to, so it made things very frustrating.

That sort of thing Ive read about. I think there's a name for it but I don't remember it exaclty. But its like there's an accident, and a whole bunch of different little things that different people are responsible to all contributed to the accident, whose fault is it exactly? Its a real tangle really.

Plus Machinima is a collective entity that pulls in different directions, it's not like it's one person you can attribute things to, so it made things very frustrating.

That sort of thing Ive read about. I think there's a name for it but I don't remember it exaclty. But its like there's an accident, and a whole bunch of different little things that different people are responsible to all contributed to the accident, whose fault is it exactly? Its a real tangle really.

Well, I have my own, personal feeling about how "evil corporations" work. And maybe it's not one person's thing but there's something like a corporate culture, management approach and intentions of people at the top. And mix of these three comes out as a final result of how a company works and is percieved.The example comes from the top.

It's nothing I read about, just my opinion based on experience. So, all in all, there's a few people who spread "evil radiation" and then we get a result.

Corporations are real tricky damn things. Bureaucracies too. I hate alot of bureaucracies. I understand how they can be useful but when youre actually dealing with them its just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

And then once when I was dealing with one, they gave me a paper or brochure or something, and believe it or not, they were unironically using Comic Sans. That font is my greatest nemesis. I nearly had a fit.