General Chat

Lottery... How will the winner be chosen?

Lady Luck will choose. Everyone who posts gets one chance. It's up, go check it out.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Washington state, then up into Canada for 5 days, back to Washington for a few more days, then back home. Probably 2 weeks at most.

Retired Forum Moderator

I wonder if some people on Youtube intentionally misspell and say stupid things just to troll people, or if they're genuinely retarded...

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I wonder if some people on Youtube intentionally misspell and say stupid things just to troll people, or if they're genuinely retarded...

Judging by a few people I've met in reality recently, I'd say some of that is genuine.

Retired Forum Moderator

Most usually.

Trolls are most obvious, they always try too hard.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Which is why I don't take 90% of insults on the internet seriously. it's usually just some angry child upset he's not getting his way, or some loner who thinks he's good by making others mad. as if it really takes skill to say "lol u r such a n00b"

Retired Forum Moderator

For some of them, it takes skill for them to type in a grammatically correct manner. I would be surprised if some of them actually meant some of the hateful things they say.

For some of them, it takes skill for them to type in a grammatically correct manner. I would be surprised if some of them actually meant some of the hateful things they say.

They're usually too stupid to comprehend hate, much less type it.

Trolls_by_Whynne.png

This misunderstanding is the origin of internet culture since 2003.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Actually the times I DO troll someone, I do it intelligently. All you have to do is hit some unsuspecting internet hobo with big words and truths backed up with hard evidence and they go off on a caps locked swearing spree. Works in WoW every time.

I know, I'm horrible. Deal with it. ^_^

Retired Forum Moderator

Actually the times I DO troll someone, I do it intelligently. All you have to do is hit some unsuspecting internet hobo with big words and truths backed up with hard evidence and they go off on a caps locked swearing spree. Works in WoW every time.

I knew a guy in WoW that did it by saying religious stuff in trade chat... Had dozens of people raging. He was a myg0t, a pro troll/rager.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Steam just told me for the 3rd time that TF2 just finished downloading. Even though it said it finished downloading 3 weeks ago. :wtf:

I've been in offline mode for the past couple days, so I wouldn't know...

I knew a guy in WoW that did it by saying religious stuff in trade chat... Had dozens of people raging. He was a myg0t, a pro troll/rager.

It used to be all I had to say was something like "Death Knights are balanced" and sit back and watch the ensuing shit storm.

Retired Forum Moderator

They're pushing updates. I've been getting the same messages.

Steam tells you a game is finished downloading whenever all the files required to run the game are downloaded. When the req. list changes for an update, suddenly Steam thinks the game is incomplete and informs you as such when it's finished downloading, as opposed to having separate messages for downloading games and updating them.

Team Fortress 2 was updated this afternoon with two new weapons for the soldier. They replace his shotgun and rocket launcher with a ray gun and different ray gun. As well as a steampunk/raygun gothic hat and moustache.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.