General Chat

Gordon looks at the Officer.

~ sv_cheats 1 ;wait; impulse 203 ;wait; sv_cheats 0 ;wait; save 00100 ;wait; load 00100

Looks up and sees Breen on the screen.

"...ctor Breen. Why has the Combine seen fit to surpress our reproductive cycle? Sincerely, a Concerned Citizen"

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Tomorrow I'll get a fiber optic cable connection from my kick-ass isp. Which means 100mbps dl and 20mbps upload. Can anyone top that?

Meanwhile+in+Europe_Elephants.jpg

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Um... Is this topic dead, guys? C'mon, let's talk about something stupid!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Um... No but it's good for the start. I think.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Probably best to revive this since the random thread seems to be taking it's duty in it's absence.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well, today I was coming back to the office from a meeting, when this guy walked by on the street, talking on the phone. A few seconds later, I saw another guy riding a bike and I could swear they were the same person.

That got me thinking about the lack of a wider model base for the NPC's of this game... then, I remembered I wasn't in a game (I think) and went like this :shock:

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Well, today I was coming back to the office from a meeting, when this guy walked by on the street, talking on the phone. A few seconds later, I saw another guy riding a bike and I could swear they were the same person.

That got me thinking about the lack of a wider model base for the NPC's of this game... then, I remembered I wasn't in a game (I think) and went like this :shock:

haha, you must be playing to many games if you've lost sight of the difference between them and reality. Even I haven't reached that state yet.

Retired Forum Moderator

Sometimes it's hard to tell games from reality, specially when you've been away from PC gaming for as long as I have and the you get a new computer and you go absolutely apeshit buying steam games. I'll post my desktop later, so you can see for yourself.

I know the feeling. I have 39 games from steam alone. The number goes into the 50's, possibly 60's with all the other stuff I have installed. I think the only game owned by valve I DON'T have on pc is portal 2, and I have that for ps3.

Retired Forum Moderator

I have a great many video games. A great many of them are also made by Valve.

But who can complain with the fact that Valve has a reputation for making well-crafted games?

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I think the only game owned by valve I DON'T have on pc is portal 2, and I have that for ps3.
If you own Portal 2 on the PS3 it's free on PC.

haha, you must be playing to many games if you've lost sight of the difference between them and reality. Even I haven't reached that state yet.

I once tried to save my game, in real life.
I have a great many video games. A great many of them are also made by Valve.

But who can complain with the fact that Valve has a reputation for making well-crafted games?

And for their highly accurate release dates :evil:

I think when I hit 666 post I'll give away a free Steam game (nothing too fancy, 5 USD or so)... :mrgreen: