Why not HIRE an animator?

Sign in to follow this  

So I was checking around SFM videos on youtube and I found this cool beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL2luBew2Sg

This guy remade the Civil Protection episode that was cartoon animated. So one of my questions to Ross is; Why not HIRE an SFM animator for Civil Protection? There has to be at least SOME SFM animators that are probably willing to partake.

EDIT: PFFT, it's like this guy is reading my mind! The subliminal text at the end of the video reads "Hey Ross if you ever, you know, want to continue the series you-uh have my contact information. So yeah, see you soon?" Something to think about , Ross?

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

This was not bad... However, that scene had almost no action or special models or props - how practical it would be to do something more complex? We've heard Ross' opinion on that?

So, for an episode like The Tunnel - how many hours would the animation in SFM take and what rate would the animator be expected to charge? Any thoughts?

Regards

There were too many attempts at detail animations that were completely unnecessary IMO, as well as too much camera movement and DoF. Static cameras are much nicer than moving cameras in most situations.

Apart from that, it was quite good.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I feel like this would be a very good idea. After Ross finishes the movie.

However, perhaps this animator would like to help with the movie. Though Ross said he's not looking for animators just yet, I suppose that this is a good opportunity.

However, perhaps this animator would like to help with the movie. Though Ross said he's not looking for animators just yet, I suppose that this is a good opportunity.

I have tomake the movie! I HAVE TO MAKE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I have tomake the movie! I HAVE TO MAKE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you really love to make the movie, so go ahead and make sure it will entertain the viewers most.

I vaguely recall Ross wanting to hire animators for Civil protection. He could never find anyone who stuck around long enough to actually get much of it done.

And anyway I'd like to see someone try to animate the cartoon animated episode with the gravity gun. That would be a bit more impressive.