Credit Card Denied on Steam

Sign in to follow this  

Since early this day I have been trying to buy Napoleon: Total War while it's on sale, using two different credit cards and PayPal, only to get e-mail after e-mail telling me that they declined my credit card. It didn't work on the first try, and it hasn't worked since. I confirmed that the credit cards are fine. What is wrong?

Since early this day I have been trying to buy Napoleon: Total War while it's on sale, using two different credit cards and PayPal, only to get e-mail after e-mail telling me that they declined my credit card. It didn't work on the first try, and it hasn't worked since. I confirmed that the credit cards are fine. What is wrong?

Are you doing it from inside Steam, or in a separate browser?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Hmmm... Sounds like Steam is getting swamped by payments... Though I had no trouble buying stuff a couple days ago...

I have also tried that, to which it replied that the authentication failed.

Good luck. (not being sarcastic, just a genuine hopeful sentiment)

I bet it made you feel really bad about yourself that you had to explain that you weren't being sarcastic.

The first time I bought something from Steam it also rejected the shit out of me, ended up using my sister's credit card and it worked. But next time I tried it worked fine on the one that had failed before :/ Sorry for not being able to help though.

I cannot even begin to explain how annoyed I am with Steam.

I cannot even begin to explain how annoyed I am with Steam.

At least you didn't loose any money yet, after I bought Left 4 Dead I couldn't play for almost a month with connection errors, and my connection was just fine. Had to play with those stupid AI bastards, kept getting in front of the way -.-

EDIT:Shit, I always do this. Sorry for bringing my problems to your thread again, and probably giving you hope that the new post is a solution

I'd advise to keep trying every half-hour. It sounds like the system is getting swamped.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I'd advise to keep trying every half-hour. It sounds like the system is getting swamped.

I have read that they may have just randomly locked the account from purchasing anything with their automatic fraud detection. I've already sent them a question (is that the same as a ticket?), but I really am starting to doubt I'm going to get in on this sale.

I have read that they may have just randomly locked the account from purchasing anything with their automatic fraud detection. I've already sent them a question (is that the same as a ticket?), but I really am starting to doubt I'm going to get in on this sale.

Fraud detection system fail...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I bet it made you feel really bad about yourself that you had to explain that you weren't being sarcastic.

Not really... When I say that I usually am being sarcastic.

It's just good practice to do this for the first few hundred days until people know my posting style, and stop taking offense when there is none intended.

That happened to me.. I raged soooo hard, 2 days later i could get it. It's their fraud detection, worst fraud detection EVARRRR

I tied my card to my paypal account, so it takes the cash right out of my bank account and only uses the card if the cost exceeds my balance. Never had any problems with card denial yet.