help needed for machinima project.

i got this project about a short film based in the revolutionary war. so far i got a game to record in (Battle Grounds 2), a script (yet in alpha build), the maps and some equipment, but i need PEOPLE. nobody wants to cooperate with this, and i wouldn't like to shut it down. so, does anyone here want to help?

if you do, send me an email to [email protected]

and talk to hherlevdk in youtube. he's also in the machinima business.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

i got this project about a short film based in the revolutionary war. so far i got a game to record in (Battle Grounds 2), a script (yet in alpha build), the maps and some equipment, but i need PEOPLE. nobody wants to cooperate with this, and i wouldn't like to shut it down. so, does anyone here want to help?

if you do, send me an email to [email protected]

and talk to hherlevdk in youtube. he's also in the machinima business.

What do you need people for?

I can sit and play games while I'm not at school, is that a position you need?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ya give a list of whats needs(like X Male voice actors, X Female Voice Actors, X script Editor, etc etc).

we mostly need people, as most of the work (editing, sound effects and mapping) can be done by the current (and few) members. so far, its up to me, Xntosat=probro (now proctosis), herlev, maybe 1-2 420th admins and, hopefully, somebody from JS clan.

im asking for people because the job cant be done by bots. a line battle is a very complex behavior for bots, and the current bots SUCK.

what i need is:

there are 22 characters, so 5-6 people could handle the voice acting. sorry, but there are no women, as the game files don't include any female model. bonus points if you have a british accent.

a script editor could be useful, as right now is in alpha state. im definately gonna change/add/remove some things, but so far i like how it looks. i'll send it to a friend so she helps me out a little in the editing.

actors. this is very important, as i'm gonna need at least 20 people (including extras, staff and myself). anybody that wishes to help is allowed. all ideas are welcome as long as they dont break copyright. however, if you show up to troll, to be a douche or you don't do what you're told, i'm afraid you will be kicked and banned until the movie gets done. i say this because this movie in particular requires A LOT OF COORDINATION. a revolutionary war line battle requires a lot of discipline, teamwork, skill and obedience towards the commander.

im also gonna need that you DL the mod from bgmod.com . its just 512-1gb, and i must tell you, its a very good one (see "obscure PC games" thread for more info).

lastly, i wanted to thank everyone that wishes to help. i leave you a copy of the script here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19421115/Script%20420th%20MOVIE.txt

also, if by any chance anybody here is from the 15th wisconsin or 47th Lancashire, i would specially ask you for help, as you have some experience with BG2 machinima.

again, thanks to all the ones that want to help. remember that all ideas are welcome, so email me any ideas you have, and feel free to modify the script as you wish (as long as the story remains similar).

In general for those who do not understand the general idea of a line battle or of this script, here is what it basically is:

The line battle in the game it's self can be fought in a number of ways. This could include using double ranks, where the soldiers will file from left or right to form two lines in front of each other. Another common command could be about face. That is simply turning around 180 degrees over the right shoulder. So, if anyone does plan on attempting this, you will have to have a simple commanding of these commands.

Now, the basic plot of the script in a brief view is the main character William is a British soldier. After some time, he joins up with the rebel forces. Some battles go on, they end up capturing some British soldiers. One of the British soldiers shoots William. Some things that I would say should be added are well, a general short battle of bunker hill. Also the battle of Yorktown somewhat happening wouldn't hurt. Overall I assume that we are currently looking for extras and some other people who can do voice acting. What roles though I am not exactly sure.

thanks for explaining oct. and about the roles, basically i need soldiers, commanders and a civillians.

almost all extras should be soldiers and 1-2 commanders per scene.

also, posted something similar to this in the 47th forums, teh awesomes' and im gonna put it now in BG2 forums