Dream Fallout 4 companions

Sign in to follow this  

Just a quick idea for a thread that occurred to me a minute ago. Given the amount of potential new companions the imminent release of Fallout 4's G.E.C.K. will likely spawn, I thought I should start a topic for folks to post their zaniest and coolest fantasy concepts for companions. Here's a couple of individuals I could conjure up at a moment's notice...

• A sentry bot hippy with a deep but kindly african-american voice. Despite being a hulking death-dealing machine of war, this guy wears a garland of daisies and has numerous flowers and peace signs daubed all over his chassis. He refuses to attack or kill anyone due to his commitment to peace, tolerance and "not being heavy, brother". He will create charms and dream catchers for you in abundance, which you could always sell.
  • A goofy but loveable duo consisting of a Deathclaw and a Molerat - who sits on top of his larger comrades head - that just so happen to be able to talk. The aforementioned deathclaw is extremely friendly but somewhat cowardly, whilst the latter cited Molerat is extremely gung-ho and utterly fearless. Their origin story explains that the Deathclaw used to run away from conflict and other members of his species, meaning he survived relatively unscathed but was depressed because he was so lonely. The Molerat felt equally alienated from his fellow burrowing brethren due to their lack of ambition - he'd tirelessly campaign to organize sieges of raider fortresses, but his contemporaries were more interested in gnawing on dead logs. Then one day whilst the Deathclaw was busy running away from a Glowing Super Mutant Behemoth, he bumped into the Molerat who was equally busy running towards said Behemoth. After a brief conversation both parties realized that they had found what they were looking for, and vowed to join forces in the name of friendship and justice.

That's all I have for now, but please feel free to post your own concepts. And if there any budding modders out there willing and eager to appropriate any of these concepts, you go right ahead.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

i'd like entire team RWBY watching my back. Along with JNPR & STRQ. And CFVY. And any other named character in RWBY. With their signature weapons of course.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I'd like a Super Mutant Behemoth (without any carts on his back, and wearing something that looks like Mongolian armor from that era) that is still quite brilliant, but is fully convinced that he is Genghis Khan, and that helping you will help restore his empire.

I want an enemy group that have gone through the trouble to make themselves look like the various US presidents of history, (like with surgery and everything) and after defeating them, you get your choice of president as a companion.

Bill & Ted. Nuff said.

Bill & Ted robots. For the same reason.

Bill & Ted bad robots. For the opposite reason.

The Doctor. Who? Yes.

The preacher robot from Futurama.

That's all I can think of right now... I'll probly think of more later.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Anybody who stays the fuck out of my way when I'm shooting, doesn't push me out of cover or block doorways and is just generally not a liability. That's about as much as I'm prepared to dream, given the extremely low standards the game has set so far.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Automatron lets me build my dream companions.

I have a mod for Automatron that lets me make an eyebot. It's certainly *less* of a liability, but it still manages to start fights I don't need and get stuck on map geometry.

I think that's because it's a pre-GECK mod that might not work 100% well. Idk I'm not a modder so I wouldn't really know how that eyebot mod works.

No it isn't. It's because it's a Bethesda game and their AI is questionable at best, their pathfinding moreso. Vanilla companions also do both of those things just as much.

Yea that's also a reason. Bethesda really needs to expand their staff so they have more people improving on things...and get a new engine also.

and get a new engine also.

It is a new engine... That's why it's taking so long to get the GECK out.

It's a new engine in the sense that Source was a new engine for Valve. It is, technically, but it's directly built off the old one and is really just a new version rather than its own thing.

True.

A completely new engine isn't needed for this sort of game though. (upgrading the existing works fine, and it's hard getting a game engine that actually works right most of the time for this scale of game)

Marcus, always Marcus. I'm waiting for a Fallout game where Marcus is rebuilt as a cyborg mutant that needs destroy the last remnants of the Enclave. :')

Marcus, always Marcus. I'm waiting for a Fallout game where Marcus is rebuilt as a cyborg mutant that needs destroy the last remnants of the Enclave. :')

And here I was thinking you were talking about the one from Borderlands...

latest?cb=20121006162943

Creation engine is a engine that is piggybacking off of Gamebryo which is outdated as hell. I think it's time for a change.

I don't think you really understand how game engine development really works. The current version Creation Engine only bears a passing resemblance in about 1% of its code to the old Gamebryo Engine.

I hope nobody minds if I ignore the threads current Bethesda-bashing vibe.

The preacher robot from Futurama.

Yes! icon_lol.gif"I see a lot of fancy robots here today, made of real shiny metal. But that don't impress the Robot Devil. No, sir!"

Now that you've brought Futurama into the conversation, I can think of a bunch of characters who should be made into companion mods. Hedonism Bot springs to mind, I find him both amusing and strangely alluring.

wVQ1ZwG.png

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I hope nobody minds if I ignore the threads current Bethesda-bashing vibe.

Nah it's fine I, well I want to say try, to do the same on the Bethesda forums.

How about Trevor from GTA V? He sounds like he'd be a perfect fit for the wasteland...

I think I've figured out the best replacement for Dogmeat ever. Take the model for the supermutant hound and give it some mild colour tweaks so it looks more like a bulldog. Give him a Union Jack bowler hat and name him Cherry Hog. He wouldn't even fight, he'd just run around with a radio strapped to his back constantly playing Chas & Dave songs.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa