DLC

Sign in to follow this  

for me, DLCs are meh...-ish.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Downloadable content is a publisher's excuse to split a game into 2+ parts and sell each one individually. I hope nobody is dense enough to not see that, considering EA announce DLC even before the initial game is released, like in the case of Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age 2.

DLC done right can be good, unfortunately it is rarely done so.

It depends on the DLC... Used to be it was free if you had the game to run it, but now you have to pay... ($5-$9 for one Civ5 DLC civilization?!?)

However, like BFBC2, having an almost expansion, or unlocking the 'best' weapons as DLC for a relatively low price ($10-$15) is a good way to do it IMO. (there are lots of kids that don't want to game against max level players with the starting equipment, and I really can't blame them)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

When you can pay for advantages in a game, the game is no longer about skill. I think level-ups in multiplayer are a flat out terrible idea in the first place, it gives the "pro" players a much unneeded and unfair edge over the newcomers.

When you can pay for advantages in a game, the game is no longer about skill. I think level-ups in multiplayer are a flat out terrible idea in the first place, it gives the "pro" players a much unneeded and unfair edge over the newcomers.

Most players get bored of MP if they can't get advantages after working for them. (I'm one of them)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

You do get advantages after working for them; skill. It puts you above the newcomers.

What I think of DLC depends on the developer's philosophy. The 2K method of taking content from the game and reselling it later for no other reason than to make profit is bull crap. This also applies to things like $15 for a map pack.

Now if it's the Gearbox method, then I'm perfectly ok with it. IE, the developer does not put any work towards DLC until the main game is completed and on the market. Then when they do release DLC, it's always in the form of a expansion pack that justifies the price. Case-in-point, all 4 of Borderlands' DLC Expansions add something major to the game, 2 of which adding onto the actual story.

The 1st, Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, added an expansive new area with a variety of enemies to fight. The 2nd, Mad Moxxi's Underdome, added a bank feature and the Underdome; this one mostly served as a multiplayer-based expansion. The 3rd, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFWMnKeoDdg

The trailer says it all. The 4th, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, finally allowed the fans to kill Claptrap as much as they wanted. They're all relatively cheap, and all add something substantial to the gameplay, story, or both. THAT is what DLC should be, as opposed to overpriced map packs or cosmetic stuff that no one cares about.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

People were ragin' on expanding the storyline with Broken Steel but I loved not having to reload my game everytime I did the ending sequence of it. The Pitt was my other fave tho

People were ragin' on expanding the storyline with Broken Steel but I loved not having to reload my game everytime I did the ending sequence of it. The Pitt was my other fave tho

Yeah, The Pitt is also a fav of mine. It has a great storyline.

I just needed it to be a bit longer. I also wanted to spend a lot more time without weapons and stimpaks so I could feel like I had to scavenge and steal just to survive.

Yeah, The Pitt is also a fav of mine. It has a great storyline.

I just needed it to be a bit longer. I also wanted to spend a lot more time without weapons and stimpaks so I could feel like I had to scavenge and steal just to survive.

Same here. That would've been a very nice moral dilemma.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I don't mind DLC generally, but it does really depend on just what the DLC actually is, from what can be almost a full fledged exapnsion pack to....well does anyone remember the horse armour DLC for Oblivion? Apparently people are actually still buying it.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Horse armour DLC? I only knew of The Shivering Isles Expansion and Knights of the Nine. Which BTW were AMAZING pieces of DLC, especially The Shivering Isles.

I think Games for Windows Live is definitely part of the DLC craze. When I bought the limited edition of Bulletstorm, I got a code to use for free experience points in multiplayer.

Games for Windows Live? *throws up*

I think Games for Windows Live is definitely part of the DLC craze. When I bought the limited edition of Bulletstorm, I got a code to use for free experience points in multiplayer.

Games for Windows Live? *throws up*

Both Fallout 3 and Bulletstorm and even TRON Evolution use it. I don't see why since they don't really need it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com