Last post made wins

So, I have new headphones that got me to reenable my Bluetooth service on my computer... Soundcore Life Q20. Active noise cancelling is quite good, and battery life is excellent. (more than a day with noise cancelling on, and really fast charging) Sound quality is acceptable over Bluetooth at Redbook quality. (fortunately it also has a 3.5mm jack for hardline, and noise cancelling works with hardline too) Frequency profile is remarkably flat for what was only $40 headphones on Black Friday. (normal $60)

I am also no longer experiencing a large number of minor glitches in various programs and Windows itself since I got the Ryzen 7 5800X to replace my 3600. One of the top 3 CPUs in the world for single-core speeds, and there are 8 of them!

Can you tell I'm excited?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

6 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

So, I have new headphones that got me to reenable my Bluetooth service on my computer... Soundcore Life Q20. Active noise cancelling is quite good, and battery life is excellent. (more than a day with noise cancelling on, and really fast charging) Sound quality is acceptable over Bluetooth at Redbook quality. (fortunately it also has a 3.5mm jack for hardline, and noise cancelling works with hardline too) Frequency profile is remarkably flat for what was only $40 headphones on Black Friday. (normal $60)

I am also no longer experiencing a large number of minor glitches in various programs and Windows itself since I got the Ryzen 7 5800X to replace my 3600. One of the top 3 CPUs in the world for single-core speeds, and there are 8 of them!

Can you tell I'm excited?

congratz man, here's to many more to come

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

1 minute ago, kerdios said:

congratz man, here's to many more to come

WqCsu2O.gif

4 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

WqCsu2O.gif

are you implying that "the 2nd US civil war (this time with nukes)" is still happening?
Also 2077 is finally out?

Burn the World!

I hope the second US civil war happens so we can focus internally again. Then all those spoiled, ingrate, wall flower countries in Western Europe will become Russia's burden.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 10/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, kerdios said:

Also 2nd US Civil War WooHOO

Let the Nukes Fly !!!!

On 10/8/2020 at 6:51 PM, Im_CIA said:

let's not, I kind of enjoy living here

2 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

I hope the second US civil war happens so we can focus internally again. Then all those spoiled, ingrate, wall flower countries in Western Europe will become Russia's burden.

hoooo, someone having second thoughts?

Burn the World!

Perhaps my disdain for the yuropoors is stronger than my love of national stability. 

I self identify as a Shelempf. I respond to Zerump and Zorkumph pronouns

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

6 hours ago, kerdios said:

"Yo-ho-ho he took a bite Dumb-Dumb'"

oda-one-piece-maxw-650.jpg

16 hours ago, kerdios said:

are you implying that "the 2nd US civil war (this time with nukes)" is still happening?

Maybe? I doubt there will be nukes involved though... Just lots of guns, and very little shooting.

16 hours ago, kerdios said:

Also 2077 is finally out?

Almost. 26 hours and 39 minutes from the time of this post.

Edit, and I also now have an HDR capable monitor! MSI Optix MAG272CR. Basically a bigger version of my previous monitor that fixed every complaint I had.

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

8 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Wait

32 minutes ago, Im_CIA said:

Wait

In the meantime, I started messing with Ryzen Master for overclocking my CPU... (Ryzen 7 5800X) Defaults had me boosting to 4750MHz. PBO had it boosting to 4850MHz. Auto-overclock has it going to 4950MHz.

Always stable, always maxing out at 90°c due to my CPU cooler. It's thermal limiting because 90°c is my target temp, so PBO will lower clocks and voltage when it gets close. For single threaded or burst operation, it gets to the 4950MHz target, (always well below the thermal target) but in an all-core workload, it depends on the workload. For a small instruction set, it gets up to 4250MHz, but with large instructions it goes higher at 4450MHz.

Overclocking has improved performance in bursty low-core-usage workloads significantly, but hasn't affected all-core or maximum-use performance at all. This is how it should be, and should improve gaming performance slightly.

[EDIT] This beats out my 3600 in every way. It got reduced performance or unchanged performance no matter the settings in Ryzen Master. I got bottom of the barrel early-adopter silicon for it, but at least it was cheap. I very much prefer this "binned" mature silicon I'm using now.

50 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

because 90°c is my target temp

are you sure that's not 90F? most cpus stop working long before 90c

9 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Is the release date different for different consoles or US and europe? I'm seeing laymen already releasing reviews of gameplay and stuff all over social media geek groups

Burn the World!

2 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Ryzen Master

Your clock speed is faster(faster)

Obey your Ryzen Master 

Master 

Master

9 hours ago, kerdios said:

are you sure that's not 90F? most cpus stop working long before 90c

Yes I'm sure, and Ryzen CPUs have always been perfectly fine until they hit 95°c. They're rated to hit their base clock at that temp, so anything above will cause it to throttle. Any lower than that temp, and they can start "boosting" to higher clock speeds. (where the max boost rating is) Intel isn't very different in how they handle temps, but until recently also had a maximum boost time where it'd stop boosting for some time after a set amount of time, even if the temps were fine.

9 hours ago, kerdios said:

Is the release date different for different consoles or US and europe? I'm seeing laymen already releasing reviews of gameplay and stuff all over social media geek groups

Same moment globally, so different days/times based on which timezone you're in. Mine is in 2 min as of typing this.

8 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Your clock speed is faster(faster)

Obey your Ryzen Master 

Master 

Master

Nice. Now I want AMD to get Lars to record new lyrics for the song all about that program... lol

5 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

no

Maybe. 

I haven't played Cyberpunk yet, bit I preemptively hate it