Last post made wins

I saw a bunch of morons getting on that truck just to break the widows so it would make the truck even MORE dangerous than it already is in that situation...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Black lives matter, all lives matter... NO, this is America.

Only my life matters

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

That only applies to the vocal minorities, and that's not even all the way accurate either... They believe their opinion is worth more than your life. It's the exact same attitude that makes abortions at any stage reasonable "because it's my body".

6 hours ago, kerdios said:

I still win :P

Wrong.

In the end, all that matters is, what that cop did is wrong, what the rioters are doing is wrong, and I'm staying safe.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

that's just for the creation club, if i were you i'd save my 8$ for something else

Burn the World!

16 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Wait, BTG actually buying something?!

Considering I've spent close to $15k on games, that shouldn't be so surprising.

On 6/2/2020 at 4:37 AM, kerdios said:

that's just for the creation club, if i were you i'd save my 8$ for something else

I did, that's why I have a PC that can run the game in 4k at ultra settings with 245 mods, and still get 48 FPS. (if I run it at 1080p native resolution, it gets CPU bottlenecked at 78 FPS because of the mods)

Seeing as you pirate so many games, yes, it is shocking you actually buy things.

10 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Seeing as you pirate so many games, yes, it is shocking you actually buy things.

I think the last game I actually bought was civ 2 alpha centauri, ever since, just piracy and free web, can't run most modern games anyway :)

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

11 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

I pirate to know if they're worth buying, and have said so on many occasions. I'm up to about 70% purchased of whatever I've pirated right now. (that includes movies and music)

26 minutes ago, kerdios said:

I think the last game I actually bought was civ 2 alpha centauri, ever since, just piracy and free web, can't run most modern games anyway :)

I was in that boat for a good long time, until I got my new PC.

2 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

I pirate to know if they're worth buying

Statistically speaking, those who pirate anything wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

1 minute ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Statistically speaking, those who pirate anything wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

Scientifically speaking, there are no accurate statistics that say that at all.

Speaking as someone who's pirated before, there's no reason to purchase something that you've pirated.

1 hour ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Speaking as someone who's pirated before, there's no reason to purchase something that you've pirated.

the 2nd part is a false statement

Burn the World!

Look, it is my belief, that if you pirate something, you're not going to buy it later. If you're gonna support the Devs or whatever, you would support them. If you can't (like broke College students for example), then people pirate. When platforms like Steam and Origin allow refunds, there's no reason to buy, try it, and if you don't like it, refund it. If you pirate, and don't like, uninstall. You weren't gonna buy it in the first place. So excuse me if I doubt you're purchasing products after pirating them.

4 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

3 hours ago, kerdios said:

the 2nd part is a false statement

I want to support devs that make games/software/music/movies I enjoy, so they can make more of them... That's a really strong reason IMO, and that of all the major release groups in the pirating community.

33 minutes ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Look, it is my belief, that if you pirate something, you're not going to buy it later. If you're gonna support the Devs or whatever, you would support them. If you can't (like broke College students for example), then people pirate. When platforms like Steam and Origin allow refunds, there's no reason to buy, try it, and if you don't like it, refund it. If you pirate, and don't like, uninstall. You weren't gonna buy it in the first place. So excuse me if I doubt you're purchasing products after pirating them.

If you're not going to ever buy it, then you already know you're never going to enjoy it... Why pirate it at all? I even buy OLD games that I pirated 18 years ago when they're available on Steam or GOG. (like I did with the Avernum series from Spiderweb Software because I pirated the Exile series that was the original version of those games, as well as two of the original Avernum trilogy)

Steam refunds definitely doesn't wait long enough for me to determine if it's only good for the first little bit, then a boring slog for the last 3/4ths of the game. And why should I risk any amount of money for a game I'm unsure about? Once I am sure, I will always buy though, even if it takes a decade or two to get around to it.

Look, we can do this dance for hours. Just know, that from my perspective, if you're gonna pirate something, you weren't gonna bother buying it in the first place. So, again, excuse me for doubting you. There's literally no incentive for you to purchase something you got for free. Like I said, if you want to support a company, you would bloody support them. Two hours/two weaks is more than enough time to determine if you'll like a game on Steam. Pirating their product isn't supporting them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against pirating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against pirating. However, you're bullshitting if you claim to purchase the product after pirating it. End of discussion.