Last post made wins

1 hour ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Look, we can do this dance for hours. Just know, that from my perspective, if you're gonna pirate something, you weren't gonna bother buying it in the first place.

And I just proved that opinion completely wrong in its entirety. Holding onto it is denying reality because you prefer your opinion to facts. This is the same attitude that is destroying the USA right now, please don't spread that particular insanity here too.

There's literally no incentive for you to purchase something you got for free.

Yet another statement that doesn't fit with the facts, and yes, they are FACTS.

Like I said, if you want to support a company, you would bloody support them.

And as I already said, I do, when they make something I enjoy. I don't blindly buy before getting a good idea of what I'm paying for when I get a car, or when I get software.

Two hours/two weaks is more than enough time to determine if you'll like a game on Steam.

I covered this. Plenty of games I've thought looked interesting, but after torrenting and playing for 5-6 hours, found the begining to be the only good part, all the rest was garbage and unfinished. They built the game with the intention of making it impossible to return by the time you found out how shitty the game actually was past the start.

Pirating their product isn't supporting them.

That depends... If I pirate and enjoy and spread the word that it's good, I most definitely am supporting them in a tangible way, even if I don't buy the game. I'm not directly affecting their bottom line, but I am supporting them with word of mouth advertising, and later on with direct financial support when I have the funds available to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against pirating.

And yet what you say is identical to the bullshit propaganda the anti-piracy lobbyists put out... Your opinion is not based in fact.

However, you're bullshitting if you claim to purchase the product after pirating it. End of discussion.

Again, you're very wrong. I played Fallout 4 pirated for years before ever buying it. I was waiting for the GOTY edition to buy, and I did buy as soon as the GOTY was available. I don't lie about this stuff, as there is no reason for me to lie about it. None whatsoever.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've brought games I've pirated. Underrail, Fallout 3 GOTY, Expeditions Viking, Tangledeep, KSP, to be specific. 

Proof I'm not shittin: 

cPpWmpd.png

And here are the pirated games on a old drive: note dates: I tried to push my underrail pirate saves to my legit copy but no luck. 

l0pjzdb.png

You know it's a cold day in hell when I'm agreeing with/helping/verifying BTG.

I just used them in lieu of demos, to see if my rig can handle it, if i enjoyed it. In the case of Doom, Age of Decadence, not really. In the case of Expeditions, Underrail? HELL YEA!  I haven't even played Expeditions because I know this laptop can't handle it but I will when I upgrade. 

Edited by Eshanas (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Look, we can do this dance for hours. Just know, that from my perspective, if you're gonna pirate something, you weren't gonna bother buying it in the first place. So, again, excuse me for doubting you. There's literally no incentive for you to purchase something you got for free. Like I said, if you want to support a company, you would bloody support them. Two hours/two weaks is more than enough time to determine if you'll like a game on Steam. Pirating their product isn't supporting them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against pirating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against pirating. However, you're bullshitting if you claim to purchase the product after pirating it. End of discussion.

you're forgetting the payment to the credit card company/bank/paypal either you or the game company will have to pay twice due to a refund.

The model steam has started with now of giving a game to play for free for 2 days and then you need to purchase to continue playing is a much better model (of course it only applies to games with very long playtime. If it's the kind of game that has only 1 hour of content and is marketed as a huge life changing deal, then it probably won't opt in into this kind of deal and will also waste all of its purchaser's money)

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

I really like my new keyboard. It's as big of a difference as going from my old monitor (60Hz 1600x900 low-end TN panel) to my new one. (144Hz 1080p mid-grade VA panel)

Speaking of new things, recently I got a new computer. Specs are: GTX 1660 TI, 32GB of RAM, Intel Core i5-9600

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

21 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Speaking of new things, recently I got a new computer. Specs are: GTX 1660 TI, 32GB of RAM, Intel Core i5-9600

Congrats, but 32GB of RAM is major overkill with that CPU and GPU. I personally would've saved money on the RAM and gotten a 2060 KO instead of the 1660 TI along with only 16GB of RAM. (I also would've gone for AMD CPU though, as it's less expensive for the same performance, but that's me)

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Riddle me this, forum.

Police is controlled on the local level.

The Democrats have held the cities with the most instances of police brutality for generations.

So why is everyone shifting blame on El Blumpfo like he's some orange political pinata?

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Burninating the countryside
Burninating the peasants
Burninating all the peoples
And their thatched-roof cottages!
Thatched-roof cottages!

10 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Riddle me this, forum.

The Democrats have held the cities with the most instances of police brutality for generations.

So why is everyone shifting blame on El Blumpfo like he's some orange political pinata?

I dunno. I'm not from the US, in my country the police is controlled by the federal level.

Burn the World!

I don't get it how are the simpsons on such a conservative channel like fox?

Burn the World!

Fun fact: There's a contract between them, that allows The Simpsons make fun of Fox (well, rather it allows them to write episodes without interference from Fox, but still).

Just some examples (including other shows).

As for your question, things were (probably) different 30 years ago.

Edit: Reddit's answer

Edited by Psychotic Ninja (see edit history)

On 6/8/2020 at 3:54 PM, Im_CIA said:

Riddle me this, forum.

Easy, they want to hate Trump more than they want the problems fixed. It's been that way throughout the entire "anything but Trump" campaign.

3 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Easy, they want to hate Trump more than they want the problems fixed. It's been that way throughout the entire "anything but Trump" campaign.

nha, thats not convincing enough

Burn the World!