Using Half-Life 2: MMod for Freeman's Mind?

Sign in to follow this  

This came out around just before Christmas - As well as implementing the changes which Half-Life 2: Update made, it also adds new Black Mesa style gun animations and a bunch of completely optional graphical improvements (bloom can be toned town/turned off), and all without changing Half-Life 2's aesthetics too drastically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiM06PQ_uPg

It looks incredible! So I'm wondering: Ross probably already uses Half-Life 2: Update and a number of special custom mods for Freeman's Mind already, but would he consider using this for even more shine? It'll let him pull the Tau canon off the buggy and use that too later, if he wants. :D However, I also wonder if the custom scripted maps would work with this mod if he did decide to use it.

Edited by DarkHoodness (see edit history)

AFAIK, Ross does not currently use Half-Life 2: Update (although he might switch to it later), he just uses the stock Orange Box Half-Life 2 with some modifications (e.g. the old vortigaunts). The mod does look spectacular, the gun animations especially, but it would be a little jarring to switch to it outright.

There are some fairly glaring changes made to the gameplay, (like ripping off the Combine LMGs from their mounts) so I would guess no. Especially no to the next version which introduces some new weapons.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.