Jump to content

Halo: Master Chief Collection going to Steam

Recommended Posts

The MCC includes halo 1 (and an anniversary’s mode you can swap between at will) halo 2, halo 2 anniversary, halo 3, ODST, and halo 4. Multiplayer is split up between every game (except halo1 and halo 1 anniversary because it’s just a graphics update) so if you only wanna play halo 2 classic online you can 

Share this post


Link to post

I predict this this to be the start of the end for Xbox. If they're putting Halo back on PC, nothing is off the table now. I would say they have 1 more console in them at best and if if it's not a hit, will start slowly going strictly PC.

Share this post


Link to post

Their internal memoed rationale for not putting any of the Halo games after 2 on PC was that Halo 2 had such a low demand outside of consoles, so people must not want to play it outside of consoles. They conveniently forgot that it was essentially a Vista exclusive, and Vista sucked ass.

 

Now you know the real reason why they were not released on PC at the same time as consoles. (because the people in charge at Microsoft were morons)

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/17/2019 at 8:04 AM, Embrek said:

I predict this this to be the start of the end for Xbox. If they're putting Halo back on PC, nothing is off the table now. I would say they have 1 more console in them at best and if if it's not a hit, will start slowly going strictly PC.

I feel like it should be noted that dedicated Xbox players aren't going to switch to PC because Xbox lost some exclusives. Most PS4 players wouldn't switch to PC if Bloodborne got ported, not to mention console is your only current option if you want to keep physical copies of your games.

Share this post


Link to post

On a different note though, I'm glad I FINALLY get to play Halo 3 and Reach on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, Annie said:

I feel like it should be noted that dedicated Xbox players aren't going to switch to PC because Xbox lost some exclusives. Most PS4 players wouldn't switch to PC if Bloodborne got ported, not to mention console is your only current option if you want to keep physical copies of your games.

I can make physical copies on my own... That's what torrents and a DVD burner is for. If you own the game already, it's technically legal to do as well in the USA.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, Annie said:

I feel like it should be noted that dedicated Xbox players aren't going to switch to PC because Xbox lost some exclusives. Most PS4 players wouldn't switch to PC if Bloodborne got ported, not to mention console is your only current option if you want to keep physical copies of your games.


It's more like if most-to-all PS exclusives were being ported over to PC. It's not just one or two titles that make a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2019 at 12:08 AM, BTGBullseye said:

I can make physical copies on my own... That's what torrents and a DVD burner is for. If you own the game already, it's technically legal to do as well in the USA.

A shitty bootleg DVD in a generic crystal case isn't the same as a physical retail copy with the booklet and codes. I don't have low standards like you.

Edited by Annie

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

It's more like if most-to-all PS exclusives were being ported over to PC. It's not just one or two titles that make a change.

I counted the Halo series as an exclusive in itself. It's fair to call MCC 4 exclusives but the last title in MCC came out in 2012.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Annie said:

A shitty bootleg DVD in a generic crystal case isn't the same as a physical retail copy with the booklet and codes. I don't have low standards like you.

 

Why do you think I have low standards for knowing how to make a physical copy of a DRM free item, (because it's torrented) and don't give a fuck about the useless paper that no one reads more than once before buying anyways?

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/25/2019 at 4:35 PM, BTGBullseye said:

Why do you think I have low standards for knowing how to make a physical copy of a DRM free item, (because it's torrented) and don't give a fuck about the useless paper that no one reads more than once before buying anyways?

Because there's literally no fucking point in burning DVD-Rs of pirated games. You could hop on thepiratebay at any given time and download whatever the fuck you want to play, and emulation and virtual drives exist for everything else. The entire reason people seek out physical copies with everything intact is because they're collectors' items, like LPs or books. There's no other reason to own a physical copy of anything these days because everything is digital, it's mostly done because people like collecting things that are real and tangible. If you think a bootleg is an acceptable replacement for a genuine copy, then by definition, you have low standards.

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, all torrents lose seeders over time, and so the specific torrent can be easily lost after a few years. If you have a physical copy, it doesn't need to be torrented again.

 

There are reasons besides "it's a collectible" to get a physical copy of something.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Actually, all torrents lose seeders over time, and so the specific torrent can be easily lost after a few years. If you have a physical copy, it doesn't need to be torrented again.

 

There are reasons besides "it's a collectible" to get a physical copy of something.

No, there really aren't. If a game is good enough and popular enough it will still have seeders, and if it doesn't it's either free to download anyway or hasn't had seeders for ages anyway. I've found seeded torrents for obscure VNs and anime long before there were even official translations for them. You can find seeded torrents for the original retail version of TF2, and there's nobody fucking playing it. If you're really that insistent on keeping pirated files, you can do that digitally anyway. Or hell, why not just swallow your pride and fork over some money for something for once.

Share this post


Link to post

So now you're moving on to trying to insult me... Please don't, it doesn't look good for you, especially when we're as off topic as we are.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

So now you're moving on to trying to insult me... Please don't, it doesn't look good for you, especially when we're as off topic as we are.

There wasn't a single insult in any of that post, not that crying "ad hominem" makes you correct at all. And honestly, you think I should be concerned about my optics? When you have a notoriety for being one of the most hypocritical, ignorant, and narcissistic people on this forum? I've never once seen you admit to being wrong on anything despite you putting your ignorance proudly on display being a regular occurrence here.

 

The topic at hand was MCC possibly killing off Xbox as a platform, I expressed my disagreement and am simply standing by it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in the community.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.