Article 13

Sign in to follow this  

Something is rotten in the state of the EU. 

Think Ross will be affected? Belarus is looking fine this time of year.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

I'm worried that this will basically destroy Ross's channel. I don't know if Game Dungeon would be affected, it seems unlikely, but who knows. Something tells me Freeman's Mind would be on the chopping block. Additionally, his videos talking about his concerns with the gaming industry would get taken down in a heartbeat. Those seem like the kind of criticism that companies want to stifle. I'm kind of worried.

While it is entirely possible for FM to be taken out because of this, it's far more likely to happen to RGD... (Valve doesn't generally do the anti-customer BS that other companies do) Despite the claimed "fair use protections" they really have no protections whatsoever for fair use.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

There's always Ukraine. Economic dead zone outside the EU.

It's sandwiched between Russia and Europe... You really think they can successfully avoid having either one's shitty laws?

Actually if you lay low in a decent sized city, it's pretty much the wild-wild west with low prices.

You can rent a room for $50 a month in Kiev. With the amount of donations Ross is getting, he can live there like a King. 

Or, he could always return to the US and face the music.

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

Fucking EU. ?

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

The days have gone down in the West... into shadow

Even if he wasn't in the European Union, the videos would definitely be affected, unless Youtube were to block access to/segregate its videos for people in the EU.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190326/15193241877/enough-meps-say-they-mistakenly-voted-articles-11-13-that-vote-should-have-flipped-eu-parliament-says-too-bad.shtml

This shows just how incredibly incompetent the people running the EU are... They don't even look at what they're voting for, so much so that they passed this instead of voting it down. At this point it's so glaringly obvious that the EU is not designed to represent the people that anyone who thinks they do are idiots themselves.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:38 AM, Im_CIA said:

The days have gone down in the West... into shadow

Depends on what you mean by "the west". I hate to draw conclusions, but when I see someone evoke this concept of "the west" it's typically a right-wing idea that boils down to "the free world of rich capitalist nations" that may or may not include "also white people live here." I've always viewed the EU as an authoritative pro-corporate entity and, honestly, almost a striking image of what Mussolini would've wanted. By extension the EU seems completely western to me.

the name's riley

One major concern is the illegality of VPNs.
I'm thinking since it's passed, the EU would likely take the China route by banning VPNs. It won't affect only the usual people, but the content creators and especially game developers who work both internally and abroad. They'll eventually be left without a job.
If this keeps up, total chaos will definitely ensue over the mass censorship policies.

Edited by Zaraki (see edit history)

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.