Archimedes

Sign in to follow this  

from game description: "Some puzzles may require interaction with the community."
means change GAAS to yes, cause that thing is gonna die one day

Burn the World!

1 hour ago, kerdios said:

from game description: "Some puzzles may require interaction with the community."
means change GAAS to yes, cause that thing is gonna die one day

I think this is what one would call an "alternate reality" game, in which players have to leave the program and look for clues on the internet. Off the top of my head, I think you need to

Spoiler

download some files off of Mediafire, look up some coordinates on Google Maps, look up a video on YouTube, and send an email to a Gmail address in order to receive an automated response.

So it technically doesn't count as GaaS since it doesn't depend on a central server, but it does depend on information that won't be around forever. You may no longer be able to complete this game 10 years from now.

2 hours ago, Mira said:

I think this is what one would call an "alternate reality" game, in which players have to leave the program and look for clues on the internet. Off the top of my head, I think you need to

Hide contents

download some files off of Mediafire, look up some coordinates on Google Maps, look up a video on YouTube, and send an email to a Gmail address in order to receive an automated response.

So it technically doesn't count as GaaS since it doesn't depend on a central server, but it does depend on information that won't be around forever. You may no longer be able to complete this game 10 years from now.

yes, if any one of those services you mentioned in the spoiler die out or the manager decides to discontinue the associated account the game might not be completable.
Though I see that it might not fit strictly to the definition of GAAS, as the service provider is not the actual game developer/publisher.

Burn the World!