DC Universe Online

Sign in to follow this  

Meh, pay for the software, pay for the continued service. It can be worth it, if the game is good enough, which this one is.

So what's it like? Based off of the World of Warcraft system, like virtually every other MMORPG?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Not even slightly like WoW and that's why I gave it more than a passing glance. Outside of the fact that there are other players, it doesn't even feel like an MMO. Combat works like any other superhero type fighting game, with different moves you learn being integrated in the form of button combinations. In WoW you basically stand still and use your different abilites, but in this game, you're cranking out button combos, blocking, dodging, jumping, it's a blast. This is basically an MMO that non-MMO fans can enjoy, myself included.

Not the best criteria, as most things are better than Superman 64. But yeah, they also did a fantastic job of immersing the player into the DC world.

Hitting yourself in the head with a hammer as hard as you can is better than Superman 64... For us to watch that is...

Wouldn't recommend it though, can cause some weird sensations that are hard to get rid of.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ancient bump from the depths of forum hell. Anyway, this game recently went free to play and a few friends of mine have been diving into it. I haven't played it, and honestly beyond Batman I'm not much of a DC fan, but it seems like it would be fun from what I've heard. I might give it a go.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Yes, it costs exactly 0 Arbybucks per month. A rather steep hike from the old prices when they were in Monopoly Money.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

It says free to play on PSN, do you have to pay monthly?

It's free to play, but you'll have to pay for the software if you want a disc copy. Downloading the thing is a pain, on a 10 mb/s connection, it took me nearly 6 hours just to download the game to play it.

It says free to play on PSN, do you have to pay monthly?

It's free to play, but you'll have to pay for the software if you want a disc copy. Downloading the thing is a pain, on a 10 mb/s connection, it took me nearly 6 hours just to download the game to play it.

Alright thanks! Lets play!! Oh, but I have homework.....

"Life sucks sober!"