Mortal Kombat

Sign in to follow this  

The new game was just released.

I've been a Mortal Kombat fan for a long time. The gameplay has never been as deep as the other big fighting games; it was easier to pick up, but it sometimes felt limiting. The story wasn't much to write home about either. But the fighters themselves have always been, to me, more interesting than any of the other fighting games. Reviews for MK9 have been good so far and I'm glad to see that the series seems to be getting back on track and improving itself.

But...

I've got a high tolerance for violence. Left 4 Dead didn't faze me; Left 4 Dead 2 just made me want more. Fallout? That's nothing. Gears of War? Didn't even twitch. Likewise with movies; Hellraiser and Evil Dead are some of my favorites. But this new Mortal Kombat game has, in some videos, made me feel physically ill. And I dunno if I'm gonna buy it because of that.

This game is amazing. The second I bought it, I went into the fight with my Marvel VS Capcom 3 fightpad and instantly would be doing combos I haven't done in well over 10 years (MKU3, from when I was like 8.) I love every second of it, but the violence doesn't faze me...so I'm thinking I've been fairly desensitized The other games you listed aren't remotely on the level of this Saw-esc universe.. so I'd try the demo on PS3 if you can, or just watch some streams and see if it's for you! I bet if it was on the wii, it would have a violence option, which would be perfect

I've rewatched quite a few of the videos, and now that I know what to expect, the violence doesn't bother me as much. Still gnarly. I'm gonna pick it up, I think.

Also, I've got an Xbox, so no demo for me.

Also also, I have to wonder if the developers ramped up the carnage for the new generation, or if they've always been this sick and it was the technology that held them back.

I have it and I got to say, it really is an amazing game. Online is a bit buggy, but I hope it gets fixed as it was a blast to play in tournament mode with some other people. The story mode was quite surprisingly great, though one part in it I really disliked, don't want to spoil it but I am sure anyone that has played it understands. Challenge ladder is okay, nothing special but its like a bit of an extra. 4 players playing I also enjoyed with friends, so that was neat.

No PC version so I'm not interested.

Would you be saying that 15 years ago?

I've rewatched quite a few of the videos, and now that I know what to expect, the violence doesn't bother me as much. Still gnarly. I'm gonna pick it up, I think.

Also, I've got an Xbox, so no demo for me.

Also also, I have to wonder if the developers ramped up the carnage for the new generation, or if they've always been this sick and it was the technology that held them back.

It's just as bad as it was, 15 years ago. Except it's 15 years later, and the new millennium brought Saw.

Would you be saying that 15 years ago?

I would've if I had cared... They had a pirate-ported PC version out back then though, so it really didn't matter.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

These side-on fighting games have never really interested me, although I don't have anything against them. I have some friends who I believe are quite in to Street Fighter IV.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

So I bought it. Just beat the story mode tonight.

Fantastic. Just awesome. Great fighting system without being too complex, plenty of variety in the fighters and loads of secrets and play modes. You owe it to yourself to get this game if you have an Xbox or a PS3 and someone to play with.

PC release or IDC about how good it is.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I am addict of old as well as new games. One of my favorite game is "Mortal Combat". It a fighting game. I just choose one the player of my interest and fight with opponents. It is a really interesting game. If i am not able to win some of the levels then i will try more to win that level. So it will improve my concentration level.