Favorite Portal 2 Character? [Spoilers]

Sign in to follow this  

Obviously, Portal 2 has a much bigger cast of characters than Portal (which has something like 3 total characters). Which one of these characters was your favorite, and what was your favorite line of dialogue / moment involving them?

A list of Portal 2 Characters:

-Chell

-GLaDOS

-Wheatly

-Cave Johnson

-Caroline

-Doug Rattman

-Aperture Announcement System (that male voice during the first act as well as the "Stalemate Detected" voice)

-Generic Turret

-Camouflage Turret

-Defective Turret (Wisecracking broken gray turret)

-Prometheus Turret (The one you save from the turret redemption line)

-Frankenturret (Turrets mashed into cubes and re-animated)

-Opera Turret (The fat one that sings opera)

-Animal King Turret

-Rick the Adventure Core

-Factual Core (the final corrupt core attached to Wheatly)

-Companion Cube (<3)

-Space Core (which seems to be presently equivalent to "the cake is a lie" in terms of quoting)

That's quite a list... and I'm also probably forgetting one or two obscure characters, but you get the picture.

As for my favorite, it's kinda hard to decide. I'd say it's a tie between Cave Johnson's Vitrified Test Chamber commentaries, and the Animal King joke. (Space Core is funny but it's gonna get old fast, I hate to say).

So then, what's yours?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I am gonna say, Weathly(before he turns evil). Closely followed by Cave Johnson and Defective Turret.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caroline == GLaDOS

Otherwise I'm torn between wheatley and cave johnson.

I do not believe this is the case. I believe this podcast interview disproves that theory (although I have not listened to it myself yet as I have not finished co-op).

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/?podcast_id=224

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Wheatly. 90% of his lines made me laugh like hell.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for him though. It wasn't his fault that he was stupid, he was just programmed that way. In a way you can understand why that would drive him to want to rule the place since everyone called him stupid and he wanted to show them just what he could do.

But yes, as a character he was unforgetable.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

It is hinted at that GLaDOS started out as a copy of Caroline's brain, but eventually evolved into her own entity, so no, Caroline and GLaDOS are not the same person.

While GLaDOS is on your portal gun she says she is Caroline(To be noted as well is in this form she doesn't of the energy to lie), when you get to the end GLaDOS she deleted Caroline and in the credits it says Little Caroline is still in there with her.

You could have the two options as:

Caroline/GLaDOS

GLaDOS

but there is no separating Caroline from GLaDOS.

Edit: "Erik: It was definitely conscious. GlaDOS does let Chell go, and then deletes her human emotion--at least she is telling you she did. Having said that, we're pro-human here at Valve."

From the interview here: http://www.fastcompany.com/1750003/portal-2-valve-eric-wolpaw-jeep-barnett-doug-lombardi

Well, I never heard GLaDOS outright saying she IS Caroline, just that she shares some of her memories. It's very important to remember that.

Well TBH she doesn't say either(I played through that part again to check), she does do the OMG thing right after one of the Caroline things and after the lemonade/lemonbombs rant by Cave she says 'Yes Sir' in the same fashion as Caroline said it earlier when asked if the coupons(or w/e their called) were ready.

I punch those numbers into my calculator it makes a happy face.

Cave Johnson, we're done here.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

That's what I mean, that maybe parts of Caroline's personality got woken up during that part, that layed dormant in her. But I doubt they are the same person. It's probably a kind of schizophrenic feeling.

Well GlaDos does say she's heard voices all her life...

JK Simmons seems to be doing a lot of acting in games lately. I'm glad, because he usually gives very good roles.

Really? Which games? It might be interesting to know. For video games I've only seen him in Red Alert 3 and Portal 2.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."