Hidden: Source

Sign in to follow this  

Sounds like a mod, do explain Michael.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I played it a few times long ago, it's a mod for HL2.

It's a multiplayer game where one person plays "The Hidden" and tries to kill everyone else who play as normal marines. The Hidden is permanently invisible, can jump high, climb walls and is armed with a knife. The marines are armed with normal weapons and have to work together to find and kill The Hidden. Not sure if it's changed much since i last played. I remember it being very tense and scary to play, especially since the hidden can manipulate the corpses of your fallen teammates and pin them to walls/ceilings and such. Not fun when your the last one left

doesn't seem to have been updated in a long time either.

Yeah, there are some hacks out for it... Kind of ruins it for the Hidden player when someone does 180° headshots.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I stopped playing it because of the lack of updates and hard to find servers. Maybe I should start again. The concept is amazing. I'll tell ya, there's nothing better than hanging on a wall above the scared marines saying stuff like "I see you"; then jumping down and quickly swiping them with my knife before jumping behind a box and listening to the injured marine spray bullets wildly.

That reminds me: here's a hilarious video made by the Janus Syndicate (the same guys who made "Counter-Strike For Kids"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf7RTWpjxzs

Looked up some clips of Hidden: Source on youtube after reading this. It looks pretty damn fun. Not sure how fair it is for the visible side, but the ability to climb walls and manipulate bodies really allows you to get creative with the hunt when you're hidden. It's like hide and seek's revenge.