Favorite Portal 2 Quotes or Moments (Spoilers)

Sign in to follow this  

What is your favorite or funniest moment in Portal 2?

For me, it is the first test chamber Wheatley designs for you where pressing a button solves the test. I love the feeling of that success.

Where Cave offers you a $60 to be disassembled and put back together "Two new organs, a spit shine on the old ones and scooping out tumors."

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It's not a funny moment, but the feeling of delving into the old Aperture was great, where you're walking past so many locked doors and gates saying that the place was closed off. Also, the moment where you walk up to the first test sphere and you see the diagram showing the actual scale of the place, to be comprised of huge vertical cylinders filled with like TWENTY test spheres each. Really impressive.

I also liked seeing the Borealis ship development yard (at least I think that is what it is). Seeing the HL reference brought back memories of better times

Some of my favorites are "BECAUSE I'M A POTATO", "You dangerous, mute lunatic", "Interpreting vague answer as YES", Defective turret lines, Cave Johnson's lemon lines "'Skeletons'. Right, I guess I DID stockpile some tests." and "If we're going to explode, let's at least explode with some dignity."

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties due to circumstances of potentially apocalyptic significance, beyond our control."

Portal 2's got some great lines.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Indeed it does, and IMO it's got way to many lines to pick a favorite.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's like having a bag of equally tasty candy and picking a favourite. You end up giving up.

Why does that remember me of the Old Spice Man?

"Oh so I'm supposed to press both these buttons at once, okay... Portal here, portal there... man, these neon countdown signs are pretty cooll."

*THUD*

"Awesome, now that gigantic vault door is going to open. Better move to a good place to see what's behind it."

*GROAN, CLANK, WHIRR"

"Oh man, that vault is so big, look at how deep it"

*KA-CHACK, lights go on*

(I see the plated wall, the tiny door and a couple chairs beside it.)

"...goes...

HAHAHAHA! Aperture..."

It's like having a bag of equally tasty candy and picking a favourite. You end up giving up.

Why does that remember me of the Old Spice Man?

Because somehow you have made a euphemistic association in your mind between Isiah Mustafa's glorious muscles and candy.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

The giant door with the little one behind it was one of the biggest "lol" moments of my life.

Knowing VALVe's humor, I kind of expected it. But it made me giggle nonetheless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wheatley: "Oh there's lots of boys down there. Handsome good-looking boys who haven't seen a woman in years."

Me: "OH! BOYS! *jumps in and gets the achievement*"

Yeah, I'm easily tricked that way.

Did that when GLaDOS does the trick but I've never noticed wheatley's. *starts another play through*

Wheatley: "Oh there's lots of boys down there. Handsome good-looking boys who haven't seen a woman in years."

Me: "OH! BOYS! *jumps in and gets the achievement*"

Yeah, I'm easily tricked that way.

The first thing I thought when I heard that line was "Huh, I guess Aperture musta hired some grads from my university!"

It's funny because I go to an engineering university and there are very few women there.

And by funny, I mean terribly depressing...

And I woulda jumped down for the three-portal device.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!