Free for all section

Sign in to follow this  

Visit and take the poll at Misc. Aff stuff. if you want your voice to be heard about my idea of splitting this section into two.

This is just a promotionary thread, as otherwise, people rarely go there and I do need votes.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I am curious of people's stance on Forum Role-Plays- whether anyone's played in one before, been a Game-Master, ever heard of one, don't like them, etc.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

It sounds fun, haven't played it myself... Wait a second, why did you bring this up here again???

You do know I'm talking about the section "Free for All" not this thread "Free for All"

Oh and do visit and vote Blue.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I am curious of people's stance on Forum Role-Plays- whether anyone's played in one before, been a Game-Master, ever heard of one, don't like them, etc.

My only experience of forum-role-playing was a rather long time ago, and it involved people God-modding and flame wars.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

My only experience of forum-role-playing was a rather long time ago, and it involved people God-modding and flame wars.

Same as my experience with it.

I was always a peacemaker role, so I have no trouble seeing arguments and their motives from both sides. (I got my fill of peacemaking from that experience though so now I just don't care most of the time)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've participated in several, only one of which carried very far until the Role-play died due to the GM falling out, or people losing interest.

In it, I was "Captain Arthur Charles Nordal" of the A.N.E.C. Bluenose, a Pirate hunter in a medium-sized space frigate, which worked with several other player-character space vessels taking on an Intergalactic Superalien species which planned on conquering the galaxy. I also participated in others as a Zealot Swordsman, Steam-powered Robot, the nation of Rostovokia and currently am now "Captain Devin King" of the FS Chivalry, currently in shaky ground as the Original GM has lost interest and now I, being the Co-GM am in charge, and I have doubts in my ability.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Since we're getting a bit more specific as to our historical roles, I'll post mine.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I am the final captain of the USS Excalibur, registry number NCC-26517. Recently refitted to carry 10 pulse phasers, 3 quantum torpedo launchers, and a dual generator/layer transphasic shield array. Also has a few tweaks to the engines that increases the maximum warp speed from 9.85 to 9.92, and the stability of the warp field by 12.8%.

Before that I was an elite special forces commando for Starfleet, after being woken up from a long-endurance stasis test. (started in the year 2013) Conquests include obliterating a Borg Sphere with a 3 man infiltration team, extracting several high ranking officials from Wolf 359 during the Borg invasion, and assisting in the development of several pieces of experimental personal equipment. (all of which I wear on my person anytime I leave my quarters) My neural pattern was imprinted on an experimental AI computer, through some weird coincidence the computer came pre-infected with a virus that corrupted the imprint, turning it into the perfect female (from my point of view that is) that loved me exclusively. (the AI core was later installed on my experimental Captain's Yacht, refitted onto the Excalibur during the latest refit)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I could easily get far more detailed, but I don't want to at this time. Also, no; I have never been on any Star Trek oriented forum.

I've been in some Star Trek RPG's, though they were mostly in-person games, not online.

I find in-person games infinitely preferable, as online there's always some guy who wants to be "Captain combined clone of Kirk and Picard and Sisko, commanding the USS Fist of Doom from the future of the Mirror Universe with 50 quantum torpedo tubes and Type LXVIII Phasers and Uberphasic shielding with Multi-Vector Assault mode and 5000 marines aboard."

So the last time I encountered that, I was like "FINE. You encounter a Borg/Shadow/Cylon Fleet of 186,000 cubes. You die. Next player!"

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I've been in some Star Trek RPG's, though they were mostly in-person games, not online.

I find in-person games infinitely preferable, as online there's always some guy who wants to be "Captain combined clone of Kirk and Picard and Sisko, commanding the USS Fist of Doom from the future of the Mirror Universe with 50 quantum torpedo tubes and Type LXVIII Phasers and Uberphasic shielding with Multi-Vector Assault mode and 5000 marines aboard."

So the last time I encountered that, I was like "FINE. You encounter a Borg/Shadow/Cylon Fleet of 186,000 cubes. You die. Next player!"

There was one guy that i saw on another site that was that sort once... I said something similar to what you said, except it was a Q battle fleet. (I know, I know... Still, if they ever made a fleet, it would be impossible to beat, right?)

They usually don't try making their roles invincible after that...

Visitors to this thread checking out what cool stuff I have posted,

I'm sorry, I haven't posted any cool stuff.

I simply need moar participation, please check out top post

Bump.

AS you can see on the results in Misc. AF, we agreed to do this, yet none of the mods were ready.

I mean, there is more and more topics every day, how much longer can we afford to wait....

Maybe someone would be willing to sacrifice their time for this holy task...

(Turning to Alyxx with a puppy face)

EDIT: Also, new people here, vote!