Trying to remember old titles

Recently I've been doing a combination of working through everything I've bought in Steam sales alongside trying to locate/run games that I only had demos of as a kid.  I've had a few success in this regard, but I've stumped myself on a few pretty old titles today and I'm hoping this will be the place where someone might remember.

First off is an old RTS (again, only had the demo) that I think would have been released in the late 90s-ish.  I remember it had an intro cinematic that showed most of the earth being decimated by a meteorite impact.  The actual title was on a plain black background, maybe red or orange text, 1 or 2 words.  It played a lot like C&C games of the time.  The theme was a sort of steampunk mixture of very old technology that humans have had to resort to, as well as some remnants of modern tech.  The 3 infantry units in the demo were a swordsman (with shield), an archer styled after the Thief protagonist and an armoured flamethrower trooper/knight.  There was some sort of steam powered tank kinda unit and maybe something with hot air balloons.. sorry I can't be more specific but this is pushing 20 years ago I played it and I've long thrown out all those old demo discs from PCZone and the like.

The other title was perhaps slightly later, again I had the demo which was one level.  3rd person action game, a human player character along the lines of an astronaut or dimensional traveller (possibly pulled through a wormhole) crashes on an alien world.  He wore a distinct bright orange jumpsuit.  The demo level was on a snowy planet and may have just been the tutorial as I don't recall much if anything in the way of combat, but you did have a laser pistol of some kind.  The aliens in this level were green skinned, friendly and were sending you out on quests which I think were accessed via Stargate-looking portals just outside their little village, but in said demo you couldn't travel through them.

Again apologies that's all the info I've got, appreciate this is a long shot.  I've already spent quite a while going through wiki's list of all RTS games from the late 90s-early 2000s, as well as sorting GOG's RTS catalogue by date and starting at the oldest.  The game I remember didn't seem to come up though.  In the event anyone has any idea what I might be recalling I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts.

I've long looked for this browser game. It was a space  game mmo. You played as a ship. Dark UI. You could jump to points via a X-Y-Z system. Top-down view.  We're talking 2006-2007-2008. I think I found it via wikipedia but I could never find the list again even in history. I wonder if anyone else here played it?

4 minutes ago, Eshanas said:

I've long looked for this browser game. It was a space  game mmo. You played as a ship. Dark UI. You could jump to points via a X-Y-Z system. Top-down view.  We're talking 2006-2007-2008. I think I found it via wikipedia but I could never find the list again even in history. I wonder if anyone else here played it?

Gonna need a bit more to go on, unless it was Solarfleet. (by Hunted Cow Studios)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

11 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

Gonna need a bit more to go on, unless it was Solarfleet. (by Hunted Cow Studios)

It was like that, but darker, in a way. Grimier. Hmmm....

It looked a lot like this, Galaxy Warfare. screen3.jpg

Maybe it was? This was almost a decade ago, a decade of updates since might had changed it....

Edited by Eshanas (see edit history)

There's two titles, (well, rather one title and one demo) that I've been trying to rediscover for several years. I've tried various different sites, including different Abandonware sites, and Reddit. No such luck. I doubt I'll have any luck here, but wouldn't hurt to try. So, I'll just copy/paste my postings from Reddit:

The first game is an Edutainment game, in the same/similar style to the Humongous Entertainment games (it's even a point and click game). I'm pretty sure it was space themed, with the main focus on math. I recall you could interact with the nobs and buttons on the spaceship before going on your adventure. I'm 99% certain it's not the Math Blaster games (On a side note, I should replay Math Blasters ages 9-12) I do recall one of the games required you to built a wall out of logs. I do recall two alien(?) creatures who, through my faulty memories, reminds me of Angry Beavers (mainly one of the creatures being brown, and the other blonde). Release date most likely was in the 90's.

The second game (well demo rather) I do recall you could create your own character (although very limited). One option was camo pants(?). Game's 3D, third person, most likely action adventure puzzler. I would say gameplay is similar to the classic Tomb Raider series. The game (or rather the demo) took place in a desert/canyon/mountainy area. I recall the character having a backpack, and a baseball cap. The only thing I recall is a long wooden bridge you had to cross. Release date most likely was in the early 2000's.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Man I don't know.... but a late 90's RTS? You should play Homeworld instead

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 10/5/2019 at 9:01 PM, thefull9 said:

Recently I've been doing a combination of working through everything I've bought in Steam sales alongside trying to locate/run games that I only had demos of as a kid.  I've had a few success in this regard, but I've stumped myself on a few pretty old titles today and I'm hoping this will be the place where someone might remember.

First off is an old RTS ...

I'm going to guess it's Rising Lands. If it is, then you didn't spend quite enough time on wikipedia's list of real-time strategies because it is listed there.

The second one could be Outcast. The player character does not wear a jumpsuit, just orange shirt but that could be hazy memory. There is a snow planet/level, stargate-like portals and aliens can be talked to.

Edited by Plegyvap
Possibly figured out another one. (see edit history)