Some FPS' and Immersive Sims that aren't out or have received little attention

Sign in to follow this  

I'm trying to avoid duplication here, so I won't mention games which are already on the Game List. Or at the very least I will try to avoid it.

All of the games mentioned here are available on steam or will be once they are out.

- Ravenfield: Battlefield-esque single-player FPS which has been in development for a long time.

- Trepang 2: FEAR-inspired single-player FPS.

- RIPOUT: Coop-Horror-FPS

- Devilated: FPS with RPG-elements, calls itself a "boomer shooter".

- Spirits of Xanadu: Immersive Sim (currently on sale for pennies)

- HROT: Retro-FPS set in post-soviet setting, Quake-inspired

- Selaco: Story-FPS based on GZdoom

- Exocide: Retro-FPS apparently somewhat inspired by The Darkness

- Brutal Fate: Retro-FPS, I think the creator was involved in some Brutal Doom-mod or so.

- Vomitoreum: Metroidvania-FPS, Horror-themed

- Ultrakill: Retro-FPS, mentioned by another user, but not on list.

- GTTOD: Get To The Orange Door: "neon synthwave virtualscape FPS"

- Peripeteia: "first-and-third-person role-playing stealth game taking place in alt-history cyberpunk Poland. Inspired by immersive sims from Ion Storm and Looking Glass Studios"

- Fortune's Run: "high-octane first-person shooter with stealth and RPG elements"

- Brigand: Oaxaca: "highly difficult post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico"

- Cruelty Squad: "An immersive power fantasy simulator with tactical stealth elements set in a sewage infused garbage world"

- Golden Light: "Survival-Horror FPS"

- Post Void: "hypnotic scramble of early first-person shooter design that values speed above all else", very cheap.

- Ad Infernum: Horror adventure

- Armored Head: Small arena wave-based FPS

- Fibrillation HD: Same developer as previous game, journey through dark and strange environments, Horror-elements.

- Kairo: Atmospheric first person-puzzle game, abstract colorful environments.

- NaissanceE: journey through massive, brutalist environments, platforming elements, light-dark-dynamic. (is free at this point)

- Manifold Garden: First-person-puzzler with abstract environments.

- Bokida: Heartfelt Reunion: First person-open-world-puzzler with unique aesthetic, easy travelling and environmental "destruction".

- (not on Steam, basically Abandonware) Vivsector - Enemy Within: Arena shooter that eventually turns into a more linear shooter.

- (not on Steam, basically Abandonware) You are empty: Short FPS in the vein of Half Life 2, takes place in postapocalyptic soviet setting

Edited by BurningSheep (see edit history)

Only the eight bottom ones (excepting Manifold Garden). Some of the others aren't even out yet.

Armored Head is an arena FPS as said. Simple but effective graphics and a good roster of fun weapons. Gameplay is surprisingly satisfying. You defeat 30 waves of murderous robots and then you are done.

Fibrillation HD. Same developer, but it's an atmospheric walking simulator with horror elements and some secrets. Some surreal environments.

Kairo. Kind of similar in terms of environments, but much more colorful and the gameplay is focused on puzzling instead. Wonderful soundtrack.

NaissanceE. Kind of a similar deal as with the two preceding games, but it's more focused on a light-dark-dynamic and platforming, some of which was somewhat difficult. Massive scale much of the time.

Bokida - Heartfelt Reunion. Open world with distinct style. Mostly it's just shades of white and grey and black with some color thrown in. Cool movement mechanics that make travelling quite a lot of fun. There was a good amount of puzzling, but I'd say it's mostly an exploration game.

Vivisector - Enemy within. Linear FPS by Action Forms which later made Cryostasis. Bad first impressions since nature in this game looks awful. It's an arena shooter at first, but becomes more linear with cooler environments and it also just becomes more fun because more weapons get unlocked.

You are empty. Another ukrainian FPS. Good atmosphere, linear, straightforward. Reminded my of Half Life 2, though it has some strong soviet vibes to it.

The last two games are hard to find anywhere though.

On 1/28/2022 at 5:07 PM, BurningSheep said:

Vivisector - Enemy within. Linear FPS by Action Forms which later made Cryostasis. Bad first impressions since nature in this game looks awful. It's an arena shooter at first, but becomes more linear with cooler environments and it also just becomes more fun because more weapons get unlocked.

I really loved this game when it came out. It's dumb and the graphics weren't good back in the day either. But the splatter effects, the gun choices and the action in general were really satisfying.