Should Ross upload videos himself?

Should Ross create his own YouTube account and NOT upload via machinima.com?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ross create his own YouTube account and NOT upload via machinima.com?

• Yes
    • No

Yes in that he should, but no in that he can't...

Why? I see hardly any difference except the occasional annotation advert, and I disable those.

Because it takes a week or more after the episode is complete before it is viewable due to Ross's deal with Machinima.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ross generally lets Machinima upload his video, then provides us with the download link. What I thought would fix most of the complaining amongst us about Machinimas super long upload time, would be to reverse that. Post the downloadable version soon after the video is actually finished, and then people who wanna use the youtube version can wait for it to be uploaded. I understand this could hurt his overall views on youtube, but most people who watch his movies dont visit this website (I think).

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I think there have been plenty of threads about machinima and ross uploading the videos to his site already.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is something that has been bothering me. Ross generally lets Machinima upload his video, then provides us with the download link. What I thought would fix most of the complaining amongst us about Machinimas super long upload time, would be to reverse that. Post the downloadable version soon after the video is actually finished, and then people who wanna use the youtube version can wait for it to be uploaded. I understand this could hurt his overall views on youtube, but most people who watch his movies dont visit this website (I think).

Discuss.

Merged your topic since one already existed about this subject.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Damnit machinima is pissing me off! I WANT FREEMAN'S MIND NOW ON THE AUTHORITY OF THE INTERGALACTIC HOUSE OF PANCAKES! OR I WILL HAVE YOU.... wait the pancakes are done.

Who here is tired of Machinima's incompetent upload system? Freeman's Mind episode 34 has been done for an entire week! God knows how long the mystery episode is going to take! I guess Machinima too busy posting COD and Halo replays.

Not to troll on Machinima but they really need to step it up.

And Ross, if you're reading this, are you aloud to post FM episodes before Machinima does?Does your contract restrict you from doing so? Have you ever thought about leaving Machinima?

Who here is tired of Machinima's incompetent upload system? Freeman's Mind episode 34 has been done for an entire week! God knows how long the mystery episode is going to take! I guess Machinima too busy posting COD and Halo replays.

Not to troll on Machinima but they really need to step it up.

And Ross, if you're reading this, are you aloud to post FM episodes before Machinima does?Does your contract restrict you from doing so? Have you ever thought about leaving Machinima?

I have an agreement with them that gets me a tremendous amount of exposure, which is great. I’m probably getting 10x the number of views through them that I would be just releasing videos by myself.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

You could probably merge the 50 topics on this into 1 and just have a huge central place for Machinima hate on this topic.

Well, I support it

Wait, But why would Machinima force Ross to WAIT until they get through their crappy CoD shit?

Oh and by the way, I've already been on the Borealis. The Director made the movie (that will be HL2:Ep3.) Gabe Newell just wants to make people wait

(Talking as gordon when not in )

Gotta think realistically with HL3, it took them 6 years to go from HL1 to HL2 and they weren't developing any other games. Now look how many games they have released.

Just because 6 years pass between two games does not mean it is the development time of the second game. We also have to factor in that projects get restarted, DNF's release candidate was not 14 years in development.

Gotta think realistically with HL3, it took them 6 years to go from HL1 to HL2 and they weren't developing any other games. Now look how many games they have released.

Actually Valve grew from 10 people to about 4-10 times the size I believe.

Fun Fact: When GSC Game World finished Cossacks there were two people on the team!

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."