Should Ross upload videos himself?

Should Ross create his own YouTube account and NOT upload via machinima.com?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ross create his own YouTube account and NOT upload via machinima.com?

• Yes
    • No

Should Ross NOT upload to machinima.com and create his own YouTube acc or not

As much as I'd love for the videos to be uploaded at a proper pace, I'd take a guess and say that 80% of his fanbase does not follow his website and only watch it via Machinima. Therefore, his fanbase would take a toll for the time being and it would be tough to single handedly overtake Machinima in popularity. Lets face it, there are more fans of COD than there are for Freeman's Mind/Civil Protection.

I'm in no way against Ross' work, I really enjoy them but like most of you really dread the long time Machinima takes to upload it.

No. I think he gets some pay from Machinima advertising so...no. He definitely deserves to be paid for all the hard work. Sucks waiting, but...ah well.

Money and extrarecognition in exchange for some days of waiting seems like a good trade, as annoying as it is.

Meh, what extrarecognition? He's almost got a cult following from the people on YouTube who DON'T go on his website. Just tell them all further episodes will be here or on another YouTube channel and we'd be set.We wouldn't even have this problem if Machinima would just release the damn things already.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Never underestimate the power of stupid things in large numbers.

Money and extrarecognition in exchange for some days of waiting seems like a good trade, as annoying as it is.

*weeks of waiting

IMO not really a good trade, but a necessary trade.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I voted No earlier for obvious reasons. After thinking about it though, I still think No... I wasn't really thinking about changing my vote, but more on a solution to the wait.

In my awesome opinion, I think they should just take down the Episode Progress Bars on the front page. It made sense to put it up for The Tunnel because that was a huge project, and it was nice knowing how far away it was from being finished. Freeman's Mind episodes are quick to make and it really isn't all that necessary for us to know when it's finished, is it? Us knowing it's done only seems to drive us insane. Then we go and bombard Machinima with useless posts and drive them insane.

Really, I think the only thing we really should be getting is a little "It's almost here" being said, after a couple of days of being in Machinima's queue. Now we have all these expectations, but if it was like this, we'd be nothing but surprised and amazed.

We're all simpletons after all.

Voted no. Ross needs the money and one week isn't that much. Our generation is simply spoiled to have everything asap ("I need it YESTERDAY!").

The progress bar is useful, because sometimes, Ross could go on for more than a month delaying.

And about Machinima delays... This is a marketing move. The last episode went out just the 5th of May or something like that. You get a lot of episodes back to back but when you look at the history, you see that usually, it's a monthly 'special'.

Of course, that is not quite logical, because delays kill the hype (it excites the fans, but those who are not sure whether to watch it or not will simply forget and stop refreshing). Then again, I haven't studied marketing at all, so I might be wrong.

Or it might be that they're lazy.

At any rate, Ross needs the money. Not to mention that to go solo, he needs quite the team. Or 24/7 dedication.

P.S. I would still have Machinima's heads for delaying, though.

i hate machinima for obvious reasons, but, its paying him for great work + extra viewers, so i think waiting is a necessary evil.

But i do think machinima could listen for once and should get these videos out at least a little faster, you know, like, within a week or something?

You guys may not look at the progress bars but some people still do. (myself included) If you don't look at it, fine but I'd like to keep it up there.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

He already uploads the video files to the site once the video is up on youtube. My suggestion is that he gives us the file the same time he uploads, before Machinima deigns to post the video. Machinima couldn't possibly be angry, as he gave them the video. It was their choice to not post it quickly.

That way the 90 percent of people following on youtube get the video there, and the fans that follow the site can get the episode here, regardless of the speed at which Machinima's paralyzed monkeys post the video.

Why doesn't Accursed Farms have a Youtube?

heck, I'd make it, but wouldn't make much sense since I'd be uploading them AFTER Machinima and this site itself...

I say he does create an account to upload from, but also send them to machinima. he can create the account just to upload to here.