Should Ross upload videos himself?

Should Ross create his own YouTube account and NOT upload via machinima.com?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ross create his own YouTube account and NOT upload via machinima.com?

• Yes
    • No

Never underestimate the power of stupid things in large numbers.

"A person is smart,the people are stupid"

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

As much as I may dislike most of Machinima's content, they ARE paying Ross, and he could use that money.

Plus, whilst I may like Freeman's Mind, I can handle the wait between episodes.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

They are paying Ross, so I vote no. And I do look at the progress chart, but I also dont get bent out of shape when it's done, and the EP isnt up. I see it as a "oh wow...that was fast...cant wait for it." Maybe Im just more patient, maybe Im just crazy. I dont know anymore. lol

I watch the episodes all in a row, and lately ive been watching them at about 1-2 a night...so its like a daily tv show for me! ^-^

EDIT: I also hat a bunch of stuff machinama puts out, but people like that stuff. Who are we to complain about it? Im sure people dont like FM (although I dont understand why.) Maybe they should have different categories, and each one has a dedicated staff for upkeep/uploading.

Great things are worth waiting for in my opinion.

Pretty much sums it up. If you just wait, the videos will come out before you know it.

Have you ever heard: "A watched pot never boils."?

You have to be patient. Also have you ever heard: "You can't rush perfection."?

If you are too pushy, things might come back to bite you in the long run. Ross probably needs the extra cash, not to mention if he rushed his videos TOO much they might decrease in quality.

A prime example of all this is my situation with Battlefield 3. I can't express in human communication HOW MUCH I WANT THAT F***ING ... I'm ok, I'ts cool. But if they rush it out too fast, it might not be that good.

While I did vote no, because Machinima pays Ross Scott for his work, (and we can all agree that the man deserves to be payed for Freeman's Mind), I do think Machinima should do something to fix this agonizing wait time. Perhaps Ross Scott's videos, and other popular series, have a special priority upload so that we don't have to wait the several days that machinima spends posting COD videos that aren't a fraction as popular.

No! He shouldn't!!!

(I'm to lazy for writing a decent comment and to show you my arguments why...)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Kind of a dilema.

One had, you get to see the episode faster.

Other more exposure.

Not to mention, JC's RP posts are rather entertaining. I got to the point I looked foword to see his newest addition as much as seeing the episode getting released.

The AFers are obviously very split on this issue, almost evenly.

The AFers are obviously very split on this issue, almost evenly.

"Machinima pays him! Let them decide when to upload then"

"Ross makes them! Let him decide when to upload them"

yea, that's about it

Although I voted Yes, I really think he should find someone else who can pay him and give him publicity without their heads up their asses. Or maybe his videos can be the next thing Black Mesa spends it's free billion dollars a year on.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Or maybe his videos can be the next thing Black Mesa spends it's free billion dollars a year on.

wut. wut is this? wut is this?

Instead of pouring money into the crate-smashing room, Black Mesa will fund Freeman's Mind projects.

No.

He gets viewers from machinima. LOADS of people dont know about accursed farms and they just wait on youtube till another episode is released. If he uploads them without machinima he would loose like 3/4 of viewers.

Just look at this forum. Around 3100 registered users - thats 3100 viewers. His episode does around 300.000++

See the difference?

No.

He gets viewers from machinima. LOADS of people dont know about accursed farms and they just wait on youtube till another episode is released. If he uploads them without machinima he would loose like 3/4 of viewers.

Just look at this forum. Around 3100 registered users - thats 3100 viewers. His episode does around 300.000++

See the difference?

yes, but how many times does each AFer watch each episode

I voted yes... but really that was in frustration and not very though out.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Yes in that he should, but no in that he can't...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yes in that he should, but no in that he can't...

Why? I see hardly any difference except the occasional annotation advert, and I disable those.