Questions for Videochat November 2022

Ask questions or topics to discuss here for the next videochat with fans at 5:00pm UTC on November 19th at twitch.tv/rossbroadcast.  No real news to report since last time, just been working on a lot of small things + a larger side video I've been meaning to do for a while.  For those who have "Tr-Trickstyle" stuck in your head now, it's happened to me too.

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Hi Ross, this is maybe off topic in a way but I had trouble logging into the forums.

Using the username seems to fail but it still locks me out after 3 failed attempts. Using the email though, it worked ok.

Also, I know it's not a bad security practice to lock people out on too many failed attempts but maybe you can increase the limit a bit? 15 min after 3 attempts seems too high and too restrictive. Brute forcing someone's password takes a lot more tries than that.

Don't really have questions but like, good work on all the stuff. I love all your videos and I hope you'll be able and willing to continue with them for as long as possible.

Also, this is said by others, but never stress about putting out 'too little' stuff or getting it out 'too slowly'. What you do is art and art always takes as long as it takes, no more no less. If you put hard deadlines on it, it becomes "content" and that's superficial crap that there's enough of on the internet.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:26 AM, interesting said:

Also, I didn't have “Tr-Trickstyle” stuck in my head but I do now. Wtf :D

I'm hitting something I can only inductively describe as "phantom neural pathway syndrome". 

The template and reference is there, but i can't recall the cadence even after a dozen replays. It's like the brain is too calcified to actually play it back for me. 

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 11/14/2022 at 2:26 PM, interesting said:

Also, I didn't have “Tr-Trickstyle” stuck in my head but I do now. Wtf :D

Since we're all sharing our earworm experiences here: I didn't have the tune stuck in my head and I don't now, but I do have Ross's voice stuck in my head pronouncing this

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:52 PM, Im_CIA said:

Roooos?

I have questions I'm not sure I want answers to

On 11/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, ScumCoder said:

I have questions I'm not sure I want answers to

The answer is at the bottom of the bottle.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 11/23/2022 at 3:39 AM, Im_CIA said:

The answer is at the bottom of the bottle.

Oh, it's just Ross's face, I see now. Phew.