Subtitles

Sign in to follow this  

Hey Ross! I'm so happy you didn't forgot of my suggestion! Thank you very much, you're great!:)

I'll go with colour. I hope you get the new episode out before I leave for boot camp. It would be nice to Go to Parris Isle with CP episodes running through my mind.

Honestly, you should do colour with English and hyphenated with other languages.

I agree with Jack, Do both at the same time.

I'd go for color (and hyphenated, why not)
Is that gonna be that hard to translate if you use color? I guess the translators can put their text just in place.

WARNING

APRIL FOOLS IS COMING.

Beware..BEWARE>>>BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

The hyphenated isn't really going to work.

Mike says one thing then Dave says something, if Dave Pauses then says something else, people reading the subtitles wont instantly pickup on whats happening, or simply wonder what Mike's on about.

Colour coded makes more sense, because then if theres a pause, the audience don't have to guess who is talking, they will know from the beginning...
I hope

Colored, definitely.

By the way, I think subtitles are a great idea in general, since I can hardly understand anything in the films (English is not my native language and I'm better at reading it than listening to it).

I prefer it just hyphenated, it looks cleaner and the yellow really works with the game's picture

Well if I remember correctly when you put the subtitles on half life 2 they do the characters with different couler for each character so It would be good to do that to keep in with the spirit of hte game but who knows it's been ages since I saw the sub titles on the game maybe they also ahve it hyphnated

When do we think we will see the next FM soon or a few days?

I'd say colors, but make them paler.

Hey Ross.

Um, I just wanted to comment of the subtitles. Firstly, I'm a film student, and I've gone over this argument before.

While there's no real major differences between the two, hyphenated is probably the best option here. Colour is great, and easy to tell the voices apart, but it can be very distracting.
Hyphenated is more bland, but is easier to read and a lot easier on the eyes. There's reasons TV use only white or yellow subtext and not pretty colours.

Well, yeah. That's just what I've heard. But I guess it comes to preference.

Anyway, I enjoy Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection a heap, and obsessively keep checking for updates. You glorious bastard you!

Thanks A LOT for the subtitles man...

You got fans all over the world (im from Brasil) and, sometimes, its kind of hard, to the ones who are not used to hear people talking in english (like me, many people know english here but no one talks using it) to identify what they are talking, especially when they are screaming

With english subtitles everything gets pretty easy

a HUGE thanks, and congratulations for the nice work!

yeah Ross i think the coloured subtitles are the best option for you and it makes easier to know who's talking, thanks for doing this for the ppl from other countries that cant get every word. Keep up the great work you're doing.