Subtitles

Sign in to follow this  

Color-code is pretty much the best way to do this - if anything, that's how Portal does it.

I think the color coded subtitles are nicer if you are to hard-encode them in. But for downloadable versions I would of course prefer soft subtitles that one can toggle on and off (and possibly adjust font etc. depending on media player), and for that the hyphenated version would be naturally superior.

Novarg: Personally, i think that colored version of the subtitles is better. At least for me.

But actually i have absolutely no problems watching CP. I'am from Russia. Some peole thing that russians can't speak or understand english speech anyhow even though it's not true. Anyway, since episode 1 of CP i had no problems figuring out who is MIke and who's Dave when they were talking. None of my friends either. I mean, imo it's not such a bit problem with that for most people i THINK. But anyway, that could be a good addition to a great series.

ps. Big fan. Love the series. Keep up the great work, cheers.

I have never had any problems to read subtitles on TV when they are Hyphenated. Color coded looks a bit blurry.

P.S
If you use hyphenated. Dont make the letters yellow. The best option is black edge with white filling.

Hyphenated is best. And dont use yellow letters. Use white WITH black edge.

PS: with the Hyphenated susbtitles it remember me a movie too...

Can u also put ur videos in HD on Youtube pls?

I think colored is best option for subtitles here because you can clearly read what they are saying there.

Color would be better... Color AND hypenated would be incredibly stupid..

It's better for foreigners to understand, also gives it some more "professionalism" on the video.

Though if you put subs to FM, they should be hypenated, since it's only Freeman talking all the time except for the few dialogues he has with the scientists and security officers.

Color coded works much better in my opinion.

the colored subtitles look the best, but it may be easier the other way as you wont need to change the colors all the time

Hey Ross!

I personally liked the COLOR-COATED better.

Color makes it more fun- the dashes seem to put an "academic" spin on it.

I'm not sure how you would say like, 'this color is mike' and 'this color is dave,' maybe it will be obvious enough because of the animation itself, but it should be interesting.

Cool! Progress always makes me happy XD. We're still here with ya Ross!

Esta buena la idea che. Hay algunos que por hay se les escapan algunas palabras porque hablan un poco rapido, pero por mi lo pueden dejar como está. La serie me hace cagar de risa y espero el FM 10.

By the way, i would choose colour subtitles.

Yeah, both would be best. Color-coding by itself is good, too.

Also, love your work. Looking forward to the next FM episode.

I think using the color-coding be the best. I also love your vids they are awesome I really like Freeman's Mind awesome! Can't wait for the new eps. Keep up good work

Well it sounds like people like the color-coded ones. If there's really discord about this however, I'll include instructions how to remove the color tags from the subs when I post them on the new site.

awesomeness!!
Colors seem more clear to me as well...

Can't wait for the next update!

I saw color coded. It seem more effective to me.

I like the colored ones. Personally it would make it easier to tell whose talking in overlapped dialogue like this.