Subtitles

Sign in to follow this  

Coulor coded is definately better. It makes it easier to understand who is speaking, especially if you use new charecters who are not regulars. Plus its easier to distiguish the speaker if you are hearing impaired.

I really think color is the way to go, because then in futre episodes, it will be much easier distinguish between those talking, and you could even have an "anon" color, for people who are just sub characters, like the vort in aliens.

Doesn't really matter, just bring em on!

We are been waiting for the webstite.

I think both methods. Each method has a visual clue as to who is speaking, but adding both makes it even more clearer.

Looks like the public have decided... 78% for colour coded! lol

Great work Ross.

Color coding the text might be a little distracting. Then again any text at all is distracting, try watching one of your favorite movies (in english) and then turn on the english subtitles. It drastically draws attention away from the actual action. Color coding might just make things worse. Then again it might be easy to confuse people with just the hyphen, which is much worse. It's your call. Although color coding looks nice.

The color subtitles are easier to read and follow. Keep up the incredible work! FM and CP are awesome!

color it looks better by the way i know spanish, im mexican so it really isnt a problem

I think using hyphens is too old-styled and boring. Plus, after viewers know which color goes to each character, their peripheral vision automatically tells the brain who is talking, without even having to look at the color.

Color subtitles definitely look best.

I'd go for the colored subtitles. It's easier to distinguish who's talking.

I... I really can't decide. Both are great, but probably don't work together.

Hyphen looks more professional and more appealing to the eye. Just use something plain white with black border.

I think it's all in the timing of how they come up. When I think of the first episode and hearing "whop" over and over again I see it being funnier with just seeing "-whoop" pop up over the dialogue as opposed to seeing a big red whoop pop up above blue dialogue. Too distracting, makes me look away from the scene.

I think hyphens would work out best. As someone already said, colored text tends to draw the eye a little bit too much.