Prey

Sign in to follow this  

I'm currently playing through this game again. It's one of my favorites. Anyone else ever played it? Prey 2 is in the works, but its being worked on by Bethesda and is vastly different from the original as far as I can tell from what's been released so far.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I played it as well and love it. Even started a second runthrough, but I never went far before moving on to something else. I have been itching to start it once again and go all the way to the end.

Prey 2 sounds intriguing as a game, but as a Prey sequel all I can ask is: wtf?

I just beat it; that sequel hook at the end has me itching for more, not sure if "Prey 2" can fill the shoes or not.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Prey 2 gameplay at E3 looked amazing, but I'm still not sure about the dropping of most of the original's features. And, if Tommy is in the game, will he still be an unkillable zombie-ghost deathwalker with astral projection?

they've said that he's in there, probably just a cameo at best, but still...

Prey 2 looks TERRRRIBBBBLLLEEE.

It takes everything that made Prey interesting and instead of being a cool Indian dude who can use ghost powers you're BADASS RIFLE KILLIAN MCGEE (killian is his real name.) and you have the power to HIDE BEHIND COVER AND REGENERATE HEALTH.

I just saved 50 bucks!

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

It's a bargain bin purchase at best for me. Although calling this game Prey is like calling STALKER 2 Unreal 3 the sound of the game as its individual entity is intriguing.

I absolutely loved Prey as well. Came across it completely on accident and had a heck of a time trying to find someone selling it. Very much underated.

Prey 2 looks awesome from the trailers... if it was another game entirely....

Don't get me wrong, the stuff they've shown looks amazing, but aside from seeing slightly familiar aliens (or maybe I was seeing things?) I didn't recognize anything native (pardon the pun) to the original Prey.

I'll definitely be keeping tabs on it, it looks fun regardless but I was really hoping we'd be seeing Tommy again.

Considering that the original Prey was developed parallel to Duke Nukem Forever, and was released out of nowhere after years of being assumed dead, maybe it'll get a delay and be retooled.